My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Majel

 Majel Roddenberry  Feb. 1932- Dec. 2008

Waking this morning and finding out that Majel had passed was a shock to me.  I hadn't read anything that she was suffering from leukemia.

Gosh, I was lucky , as were many that went to Star Trek Conventions, because Majel was often a guest. 

If she wasn't on stage then she was in the dealers room selling memorabilia from her Lincoln Enterprises business.

There was never a time you couldn't just walk up to Majel and chat with her.   She always had a smile for you to make you feel welcome and never tired of answering the same questions time after time.

I think it fitting to borrow this below photo of Majel and Gene sitting on the deck of the Enterprise... 

You will be missed by many Majel.  I'm sure your star is shining up there along with Gene's and DeForest and Jimmy's. 

Below are two places that Majel supported with her love and donations. 

Precious Paws
18034 Ventura Blvd., #430
Encino, CA 91316
www.preciouspaws.org
(818) 304-5595

C.A.R.E.
P.O. Box 56631
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
www.care4pets.org
(818) 685-9980

9 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

Yeah, I was very sad to hear about it last night! I didn't know she was sick, either, so it surprised me!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

This didn't make our news at all, which I find really surprising. Very sad to hear of Majel's passing anyway. I find it hard to think of some the original cast passing away, like part of my teenage years passing on.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I thought of you when I saw it in the news.

I'm a little bit Treki so I felt a loss.

3:01 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kailana: I sure don't like the "originals" passing away!

Cath: there wasn't that much about it here either! I probably wouldn't have known if Kailana hadn't mentioned it to me.

Pam: it's hard watching them pass on.. knowing I'm not long after!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

This was sad news. Lovely post about it! I always loved her best as Lwaxana Troi! She cracked me up. :-)

9:01 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

darla: lol, yes, she was good in that part!.. she was a nice lady, i'm sorry she's gone

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kim L said...

I just can't believe it! If they continue the franchise, who will they ever get to do the computer voice?

I liked her as Nurse Chapel, but I must say she really shown as Deanna Troi's mother. Those episodes were always a hoot! It was always nice to see the unflappable Deanna throw off-kilter by her free-spirited mother :-)

2:20 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kim: i bet they have enough of her voice to make her the computer as much as they need! Technology!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I was very, very saddened to read this online the other day. Star Trek is such an enormous part of my childhood and has remained so throughout my entire life. Because of that it hurts tremendously when these actors pass away. It is like part of the magic has died. I'm glad she completed her computer voice lines for the new film, it will be great to hear her one last time.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home