My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What if...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if many of the things we read about were real?

I may not want Orcs or demons but there are many things I do wish were real.

I wish that I didn't have to close my eyes to see them.

I wish I could pet a Unicorn.

I wish I lived in a land with more forests and fewer cities.

I wish I could be at a Pern Hatching of dragons.

I wish I could hug a dragon.

I wish I could speak with Gandalf, touch his hand and look into his eyes.

I am able to get part way there when I read a book and embrace the possibilities.

I've even heard voices in my head when I wrote character conversations. 

I've felt their presence inside, sometimes they are sooooo close to being real...

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see and meet some of them?!

 

(No groans allowed! .. I'm old, give me a break, I am having a "moment", doo-doo happens!)

 

15 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Unicorns and dragons would be so cool!

And if you want more forest than city, just head this way. We've got more trees than you can shake a stick at...

cjh

1:48 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Can I come with you on your trip?? lol...I'd love to experience all that as well :)

2:33 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

CJ: I'll be there as soon as my dragon picks me up! lol..

Chris: It would be wonderful wouldn't it?!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

No groans here! I love playing these 'what if' games, most especially if I am on a long drive. I'm not sure that, at times in my life, I wouldn't long for demons and orcs. Sometimes it seems life would be much more simple if we had clear cut enemies and a destiny that we were following.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I often find myself wishing the same!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

The majority of what I read is fantasy, so I am always wishing that the things I read about were real! I think that is why it is called, fantasy, right? :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: very true about the "evil"..as it is now your neighbor becomes a murderer and you'd never know it !

Kailana: i feel sorry for anyone who doesn't enjoy at least "some" fantasy !

5:41 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

By the way...I just have to say it...that unicorn scares the shit out of me! lol..I think it's the eyes.

1:06 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: be afaid! Be very afraid! hehehe

8:15 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

No arguments from me... the world of magic and make-believe is so much more interesting and fascinating than the real one we have to deal with on a day to day basis.

I can also remember when I was teenager, desperately wanting the Star Trek universe to be real and for the Enterprise to come down and take me away. I seriously felt like I didn't belong on this planet. So, I do know what you mean.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you "wistefulled" me away with you.

9:52 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: sometimes I feel like the writers of fantasy put in their characters things they want and miss in real life.. so its hard not to want them to be real.

Star Trek really represented how we hoped things would be. People helping others. Finding ways to get along. etc.. you just wanted the peace and love it represented I think.. more but that's the short version lol

Pam: Come fly with me.. come fly, come fly away!.. wait.. that's Calgon take me away!..heh

10:03 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Ooh me too! There are a couple of vampires I really wouldn't mind meeting either...

2:30 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh, please let me come too! I always wanted to meet Gandalf! And Frodo, and Aragorn.....I had a unicorn poster on my wall when I left home, and Michael Hague's book, and I read fantasy all the time.....I hear voices too (that's why I write! I think....) and I love dragons and am collecting them now. What's life if we can't enjoy imagining?
Oh - and I LOVE the old Star Trek, and I am currently indoctrinating my youngest children in it! they are already converted to dr Who, and my daughter is in love with David Tennant as the Doctor and cried when he was about to regenerate!!
There has to be room for magic in this old world of ours.
Lovely, lovely post, pat!

6:07 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Susan: ahhh you'll be busy in England! lol... but I'd give anything for the what if...:o) I hope your kids are lucky enough to have great actors and shows and books like we've had and in the end they too wish some of it were real!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home