My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Musings..

I saw this over at Lady Tinks and decided to do this one...

 

(yeah.. I know.. it's Friday)

How long do you wait after finishing a book before you pick/start another one? How many books do you have planned ahead or do you pick up random books from your tbr pile (if you have one)? Do you review right away or keep reading and come back to it later?

How long do you wait after finishing a book before you pick/start another one?

Well, I don't necessarily do the same thing every time, but often I will choose a book and take off the dustcover and set it on my bed within an hour of finishing the current read. If the books is "severely drawing me" I might even start it immediately!  But if the book I just finished is lingering in my head I let it wait a bit.

How many books do you have planned ahead or do you pick up random books from your tbr pile (if you have one)?

I rarely plan ahead what I will read next.. I just look at my TBR pile and choose according to how I feel that day.  However, if I am reading a series and have the next book in that series, that is the book I would choose.   And yes.... I have a very large TBR pile to choose from. *sigh*

Do you review right away or keep reading and come back to it later?

I try to write the review right away, but may not post it immediately.  But I don't know that I actually "review" a book anyway.. I give a little information and the amazon review, mostly I just more or less say if I enjoyed it or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Small Treats..

Since it is almost Christmas I decided to read at least one small Christmas Story. It will be Cornelia Funke's small book of "When Santa Fell to Earth".  And then a small treat to myself I plan to read J K Rowling's book of Tales of the Beedle the Bard.

Then I will get back to Brisingr, which is not rushing right along, so I hope I complete it before 2009!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Other News.......

Now this I found a bit odd... New Orleans had snow yesterday. Officially, they now have had more snow than New  Jersey has had so far this year!  I wouldn't mind if that remained the case all winter but somehow I doubt it!

My adopted son Chris, mentions the snow on his blog since he lives down there, and the snow excited him.  Also a lady friend I have down there emailed me.. she was hoping for enough snow to build a snowman.  Some areas did get enough for that!!

Here it remains raining. This is the third day in a row. As dreary as that is, three days of snow would have been much worse!  After today it's going up to 50 degrees, so I doubt there will be any snow around here... for a while at least.

12 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

With the amount of rain we've had, that would have been some snowstorm :D
I'm glad its ending though, I'm tired of feeling like a wet dog...lol

7:24 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

I picked up the Tales of Beedle this week... Since I am in the middle of re-reading the Harry Potter books (Book 4), I may wait and read it when I get to #7..... it does look cute though!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm hitting the road this morning -- but I hear there is a cold front moving in here for the weekend (and I'll miss it)

N.O. looks pretty in the snow, doesn't it.

9:49 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

anime: no kidding! the sun actually came out! At first I wasn't sure if I had left a light on or something LOL.

Astaryth: yeah it looks cute and a "one sitting" type of book lol.. first I will read When Santa Fell to Earth and then Beedle Bard..
I would think of rereading Harry but they just had a weekend with all the movies and I watched them all ..again.

Pamela: drive safe and have a great time wherever you are going!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Great musing lol! I have Tales of the Beedle the Bard waiting on me at the library. I'm about an hour or so outside of New Orleans and we didn't get any snow. Just a lot of rain :(

2:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

lady: us too.. 3 days of rain! *gag* lol

2:40 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Ah, the snow was gorgeous! Love that picture of the Streetcar. They're pretty as it is during Christmas time. They usually hang wreaths on the front of them. I want more snow!!!

You're in for a treat with the Funke book...I really enjoyed it. And I can't wait to dig into the new Rowling! I wonder what she'll do next?

As for reading, I tend to pick the next book up right away after I finish one. I'm a very impatient reader :p The second half of this year has been nice since I stopped focusing so much on challenges (contrary to what my blog would have you believe). I really enjoy just picking out a book on a whim and not having anything planned!

3:02 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: I'm almost done with the Santa book :o) I really think Funke is a wonderful "story teller"!
I have always been a person who "won't stop" when I begin something until it's done.. which is why I don't do challenges except Carls and even his, which I love to death, I feel compelled to read for the challenge and not for myself. So I sign on for the least amount and then read many more but at my pace and my choice knowing I am not doing it for anyone but me!

3:19 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

DesLily -

I'm glad you only got rain and not that ice that has left so many without power!

As for the snow in The Big Easy - I sorta laughed at Chris yesterday but I do understand it is a big deal down that way. It's just that we've already got banks from plowing that are higher than the top of my van... The 12 of December is way too early to be sick of winter!

cjh

6:53 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

haha... I have lived with snow my entire life and I still hope for enough to build a snowman! lol Mind you, it also has to be 'packy' snow, which we haven't really had yet this year. :(

12:12 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I would never have imagined that New Orleans could've had snow like that. Amazing.

And Brendan Fraser was over here on TV talking about Inkheart, this week. It comes out here *this* month so am assuming it will in the US too. About time!

8:18 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cj: nope I don't think I'd want as much snow as you get!! I hope you don't have to dig it out yourself!

Kailana: yes, it has to be packing snow! heavy and wet!.. fun to play in but not fun to shovel !!!

Cath: last I heard it was for release in January.. I'll have to do a search because it's awfully quite and I've heard nothing of it's release here in a while... don't forget Andy Serkis has a good part in this movie..he's the bad guy! (and after meeting him it was a stretch for him to be that mean!!)

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home