My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Are you a Dog or Cat Person?

I saw this (Today's Thoughts) over at Icedream :   Reading in Appalachia  and thought I'd dig out some old pics to illustrate it....

 

Thursday's Thoughts (way late!)

topic, "Are You A Dog Lover or A Cat Person, or Both?"

Through the years I've had both cats and dogs and at one time had  a cat and a dog at the same time.. so do I have a preference??  Well.. cats are easier (you don't have to walk them) but I love both.

At a different time, I had another cat named Fido also...

(I was maybe 7 or 8 in the pic below with Spike, so around 1951 or 52)

I had Panzer and Garfied at the same time.

As a kid I had cats and dogs and rabbits and fish and turtles and birds.. there have always been animals in my life.

Then, of course, I got lucky and did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren out in California at Shambala Preserve with wild animals...  that was a special time in my life also.

I guess it's safe to say I'm an animal person, I don't really care if it's a cat or a dog...  they both give you unconditional love... and you can't beat that !

14 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I am more of a dog person, but you have to be in the right part of your life to have a dog, so cats are more practical.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

When asked this question I always just say "Yes!" LOL! There are very few animals I don't love... and even those I respect...

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I love both dogs and cats. Our family has always had one or two dogs but the cats (and two of the birds) were mine.

1:01 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kailana: yes much easier.. but all of them give the same love

astaryth: duh, ya think? lol.. yeah well, you I KNOW are an animal person lol

Tink: I think any animal person winds up having some of both in their lifetime.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

We had a cat when I was a child and I've adored them ever since... more than dogs really, though I like dogs too. Sadly, I'm allergic to both now so we can't have either but if we could, I'd have a cat.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

I'm more of a dog person (I have one right now) but I like cats too and I hope to get more pets eventually. Pets make life that much better!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Bungeegal said...

Hi Desi!

I've had cats and dogs and I really love them both! Dogs are such a beautiful loving spirit, cats are too but they have more of an independence than dogs.

Hope you have a great holiday and thanks for your good wishes!
Laurie

12:37 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Do you have to ask? I am an animal lover in general but if I had to choose, it would be a dog. My cats are visitors but my dog is my best friend.

I love the photos. It looks like you've had your share of great pets.

cjh

5:36 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: awww sorry to hear when anyone is allergic and can't have pets.. like kids, they can be a problem..but their love is always in a major way

Kim: the only drawback I find to animals anymore is the fact that the vet bills are everybit as bad as a persons doctor bill.. and I can't afford that anymore.. sad that it comes down to money in the end.

bungeegal: I hope you have a great 3 weeks vacation time!

cj: I couldnt imagine growing up with some pets around.. i don't know how my mother afforded it, we sure didn't have any money to spare... but I'm glad we had them!

6:52 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Darling pictures, Pat...Isn't it lovely to have those pictures to remind you of the WONDERFUL Times with all your Animals. I love dogs, but, I am more a Cat person....I LOVE LOVE LOVE, my dear cat "Sweetie".....and I loved all my other cats, too....Sugar and Baby and Silky and Teeny and Mooney.....! They were all very special and as you said, they gave me Unconditional love....And dear Sweetie certainly gives me that, too!

6:37 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

*smiling* I know you love Sweetie! Though it would be hard for me to choose just one.. like you, i've loved them all

6:45 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

usually both at the same time.
If I lived on some acreage I'd have a huge dog or maybe two.

1:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I had Panzer the shepard and Garfield at the same time.. they were hysterical together!!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOHHH! I loved your post! You're an animal lover like me...
3 cats and 2 dogs... 3 fishtanks and two mammals: children!

I love your site!

Keep visiting me at either Thursday's Thoughts or at anovelmenagerie.com.

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home