My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Post of Many Things..

So I'm writing this on Friday morning.. and waiting for snow to happen.  It could be a few inches, it could turn to rain.  So I don't know what we will actually get.

10:15 am.. the snow has started and it's coming down fast!! within minutes you can see snow beginning to stick to the car and sidewalk outside..

11:30... one hour later same area..  the car moved.. you can see where it was.

12:30  I co uld go on but I'll quit after this one!.. needless to say.. it's pretty white outside now!   You can no longer see where the car was parked and few cars are out and about.

 

So cool !..no, not the snow...

I entered a contest over at Thursday Thoughts and I won!! 

I get a book from Amazon!  (my tbr pile needs another right?! lol)  

I haven't won anything in ages so this is a treat.  I entered the contest for a memorable Christmas, which I did selfishly because it's not my best Christmas this year and any nice memory helps.

From what I see Sheri runs contest regularly there so you might want to check out her site!  Thanks Sheri !   Oh, and Sheri also has a second blog called A Novel Menagerie. which you may also be interested in.

 

I've also been given an award from LadyTink!!  (yep ladytink is spreading that fairy dust again)  This award surprises me, but not for the reason you might think.  Tink is quite young and yet loves the old black and white movies.... and so do I (just not young anymore).  I

It always shocks me when a  young person enjoys the old movies.  Not because the movies aren't excellent! They are ! But just because they are old and black and white, and the stars in them aren't all well known by the young folk, and so the movies have less of a draw for them.

Heck, I remember reading articles about young directors and producers.  When approached and asked why don't they use this star or that one (all old stars) the director didn't even know who they were!  And this was a person in the biz and should know old stars as well as new!  

So, show me someone young like Tink who can tell you names of the old stars and writes about how much she enjoyed this old movie or that one... and yes, it will always surprise me!

For anyone not a fan of the old movies or old actors, let me tell you one thing.. you are missing out on many (MANY) excellent movies and just as excellent, actors and actresses!

One day when you are sitting in front of your television and say, "gads 300 stations and nothing good is on"... try turning on TCM !!! Watch an old movie!  Find a new star!  Every movie doesn't have to be in color.. and every movie doesn't NEED special effects!

Try it.. you might like it!

 

Since I am covering a group of things here I want wish those who celebrate Chanukah  a very happy Holiday that begins this Sunday!!  I know it's a day early but I'm old and forgetful, so I have to do things when I think of them! 

Happy Chanukah !!

9 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wow, look at that snow. Are they forecasting a white Christmas for NJ, Pat?

My life revolved around old movies when I was kid. I especially loved anything with John Wayne, Tony Curtis or Cary Grant. Sunday afternoon was movie afternoon on TV and I watched *everything* - westerns, war films, romances -sopped them up like a sponge. Fell heavily in love with the movie version of Pride and Prejudice which introduced me to the book and so on... Good times.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Oh the Weather outside is frightful.
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW;

3:02 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Glad to see someone else is getting some of this stuff! We're under a storm advisory calling for 8 - 10 inches by Monday! We've got negative windchills along with it. Gotta love it.

As for the old movies - I love them. I'm watching a favorite right now - "The Bells of Saint Mary's".

cjh

3:57 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: there were so many movies on television when I was a kid it was hard NOT to find some movies on at all times day and night!.. and back then there were only SIX channels!

Pam: you got it worse! thats ok I am past the age of playing in it AND past the age of shoveling!

cj: love the old movies!.. I am upset though.. here it is this close to christmas and I haven't seen a Christmas Carol on any stations yet!!!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Lucky you on the snow! We have heavy snowfall warnings in effect (yay). It could be a white Christmas, though, I like when it is white for Christmas.

10:51 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kailana: oh yes, a white christmas always seems like a dream come true

11:06 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

The snow is beauuuuutiful! WE had a little bit of ICE this morning - but nothing dreadful. Just pretty! Winter is official now.

Congrats on the book win!

So... how did YOU decide which way to spell Chanukah? Hannukah? Channukah? LOL! I wish they'd just PICK ONE!

12:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

LOL Melli! I spelled it the way the card had it! haha.. I do believe Hannukah is just and english way of spelling it.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Aw! Thank you. Glad you enjoy your award. I finally got my mom to watch It's a Wonderful Life so I may just convert her yet!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home