My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts Contest...

 

Sheri has come up with yet another Thursday Thoughts Contest just in case you want to enter.....

If you could ask that one famous Hollywood Star ONE question… what would it be?

This rules to this week’s Thursday’s Thoughts:

Post your answer in a comment below… 1 entry
Post your answer on your blog with a picture of your favorite Hollywood Star… 2 entries
Post your answer on your blog with a picture of your favorite Hollywood Star and link it back to Thursday’s Thoughts with the Thursday’s Thoughts Logo… 3 entries
Sign up with Mr. Linky (below)… 1 additional entry
Subscribe to automatic feed for Thursday’s Thoughts… 1 additional entry
Contest starts January 4th and ends on January 8th (Oh, Elvis!) at 7pm PST

 

My first thought was: Sean Connery! Yeah!

.. then I remembered I would most likely pass out before I could ask him anything at all!  I mean, lets face it.. if he smiled at me.. you'd have to peel me off of the floor !  If I heard his voice pass out!  

Nope.. I couldn't ask him the time of day! heh.

 

Then I grinned and thought: Harrison Ford! Woof!

... then the smile left my face.. nope, that would be no different from Sean Connery (probably worse!)!  *sigh*

Ok, so now I wondered who do I want to ask a question to? 

The answer is:  that I would have questions for any celebrity ! 

I've been lucky and met many and gotten to talk to many and ask many questions..  however, there was one that I didn't get to meet but I did write to him and asked my question.

The actor is Red Skelton. 

When I wrote to him I told him of a dream I had about meeting him, and in this dream I went up to him and asked him, "since you have made me laugh and made me feel happy for many years, I wondered:  What makes Red Skelton happy?"

I received a signed photo and the letter below as a response from Red Skelton.

Maybe Sheri's question could become a new book.. Questions You Always Wanted to Ask A Celebrity...  I bet there would be some really off beat and funny questions asked! 

How about you? Who and What would you ask that certain celebrity???

13 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Wow...that is about the nicest question I can imagine asking...and what a very sweet letter in return!
And I think you're right...that would make for one interesting book.

6:08 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a WONDEFUL letter, Pat....It is so nice to know he took the time and effort to write you.....It says a lot about him, doesn't it?
Like you, therte are many things I might ask certain people, if I had the chance...But off hand, I cannot think of any one! (lol)

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you take a really simple contest question and manage to produce this fantastic post! What a great entry to the contest.

And, it does say alot about the actor...

Amanda

7:58 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: I think you could learn a lot about the celebrities by their responses to good questions and silly ones.

Naomi: well I'm sure you ask people like Betty: how are you today? lol.. people forget celebs are people too!

hello Amanda: thanks for coming by. Well it is true i'd probably pass out if I met Connery or Ford so I remembered this letter from long ago.. the contest was a good outlet for it !

8:11 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

What a cool letter! It's always nice to see people who still take the time to sit down and write a truly personal letter. That's certainly one for the books!

1:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Chris: I told of it before.. back in my archives lol.. but this was a perfect time to bring it out again..

1:46 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I know I wouldn't be able to ask a celebrity anything because they always reduce me to a quivering wreck. I did think the letter you got from Red Skelton was absolutely charming though.

I start a free week tomorrow so planning to get AIM.

7:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: most of them, I have no trouble talking to ..but Connery and Ford would surely send me passing out to the floor! The first time I ever saw Deforest in person I couldn't look at him! My heart pounded so loud i expected him to jump up and start doing an indian dance! But once I embarassed myself by doing the impersonation, I got a lot better lol.. I saw my "calling" to make him and Carolyn laugh! But for the most part I just try to act the way I think they'd want me to.. respectful. (at least until I have actually met them.. then.. all bets are off!)

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What timing. I just had a dream TODAY that I flew to Paris with Doris Day and James Garner. We had a blast !

It was one of the best dreams I have ever had. So, I guess my question would be to Doris Day.

"Doris, what is your favorite movie of all time?"

(Being a movie critic, OF COURSE I
would be dying to know the answer to this one) !

12:50 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Daniel: lol.. well, it would be hard tho think that some reporter somewhere didn't ask her that! But I don't know i'd want to research every interview !

6:08 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I just knew he was a sweet man.
I loved his show.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Your letter to Red brought tears to my eyes, because it was so honest and touching. Then I read his response, and remembered how funny he really was. You're a class act, Pat, and I am still in awe that you met Deforest Kelley! I can't do this meme, because I get all shaky and cold just being near hockey players, never mind movie stars!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Love the letters!

I'd like to ask Walt Disney for a list of movies he would have liked the studio to have made. They seem to be running out of ideas and I wish there was still a Wonderful World of Color/Disneyland show on TV. The crud they have on the Disney Channel makes it not even worth watching anymore. When I was a kid they had Vault Disney really late at night, now you'd be lucky to see even a good cartoon :(

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home