My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pond Gossip

 When I looked out the other day Mama was giving her baby a good scolding!  (baby looks like he's hanging his head in shame lol)

The Egret was back too.. he was slow and steady as always and in search of some fish I am sure.  At times he really stretches his neck out to see clear across the pond~

These birds come and go and at times I can look out and see no birds at all... but then a mullet jumps out of the water really high, like someone shot it out with a sling shot!  So if there are no birds and the water is calm.. eventually a fish jumps or a bird returns.

I hope I haven't bored anyone to death with the photo's.. I have been extremely busy and brain dead.. and very depressed and this is the most I can do and I do it because it makes me focus even if just for a few minutes.

I really have missed out Mr Linkey in connection with Carl's Once Upon a Time Challenge.. it has always been so great to have several blogs to go to each morning to read reviews (and add to the old wish list) It's put a big damper on the Challenge.  I just can't believe they haven't fixed it, at least to the point of clicking the second link and getting to add to and read the list.  Have you all noticed that some have begun leaving links in the comment area??  Check it out there are a few reviews to be read at least.

6 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Love the pond gossip. We don't see those birds in NJ as you know, so I think it's wonderful :D

8:01 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Well, you certainly haven't bored me. I don't get to see American birds unless I'm over there, so this is wonderful. You can post about the local birdlife as much as you like as far as I'm concerned.

And yeah... great shame about the absence of Mr Linky for these last few weeks of Carl's challenge. I suppose we all got used to it working properly for all the challenges - I don't even know what was used before Mr. Linky.

10:54 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

animewookie: right, not many big birds in NJ.. some around the swamps though I am sure, but not your everyday occurance.

Cath: glad you enjoy the birds.. unfortunately I think what I've shown already is about it.. I suspect a new bird may come now and then but you've met "the regulars" lol

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Awww, Pat. *hugs* I hope things are looking up a bit now when you read this.

I, for one, haven't been bored at all by your photos. (In fact I'm more worried I'm boring you with my comments on them!)

I may have missed the egret, as I don't recognise it, but that could also be my cruddy memory. Easily so. But on a more cheerful topic! It is a pretty thing and the thought bubble is such a fun thing to add. ^-^

1:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Shanra: glad you enjoy the birds! lol

1:59 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love herons! they keep flying past me these days, so your photos are wonderful close ups.

Hey, after everything you've been through, there's bound to be a period of mourning again, for everything and everyone lost. At least you are able to focus on something beautiful in your new home. I wish I could give you a hug and sit with you over a cup of tea and talk about Star Trek, and you can tell me all about Pern which I have never read.....

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home