My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Cowboy Corner

Just wanted to show you that I finally got De Framed.

Actually, I want a wood frame for De's Cowboy picture but so far I am unable to find one.. so I took this one so that I could at least get it hung up.

I still need to get some wood to make a "frame" for Dead Fred.  It will be similar to what you see here but larger so the skull has a full wood background .. I wouldn't mind if the wood was to be the old barn gray!

I won't be on line to blog / tweet tomorrow as I will be on my way to the Kennedy Space Center!!  (hooray!!)  I got out the other day (yeah I know, sometimes a miracle happens!) and purchased Buzz Aldrin's new book , Magnificent Desolation: The Long Journey Home from the Moon, because the Space Center web site says that for a short time Buzz will be signing his book!  (cross your fingers and toes! Because there's no way I could afford his autograph at a normal autograph show! so I hope I am one that can get his signature)  I'd love to have this book signed!!

My son and grandson are the ones that will take me to the space center and I'll take many pictures I'm sure! 

Just the thought of seeing the space capsules and rockets blow my mind... and I'm not even there yet!

I'll try to post some pictures on Friday...

10 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

I'm jealous! We've been living in FL for several years and haven't had a chance to go... even though we are both space crazy. Problem is that I have to have a baby sitter for the horses to be gone more than a few hours and that's often easier said than done. I love the 'boys' (the 3 horses), but they do sometimes put a crimp in my style.

G would also LOVE to go to the Daytona racetrack as he is a crazy NASCAR fan. I keep saying we will take a mini vacay some day and do both.

Oooooohhhhh! Maybe you will be there for the shuttle launch! It's supposed to try again around 6pm tomorrow!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Ohhh now that I know you love the space program I wish you were going with me!! unfortunately the launch is today.. if it doesn't get up today it can't try again until the end of the month.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Oops... I was thinking today was Tues.. it's Wed. My excuse? When you live out in the country and the critters require care -every- day you sometimes lose track of which day of the week it is. Doesn't matter if it is Wed or Sun or Thurs, I still have to get up at 7am and go feed/care for everyone LOL! The only reason I have ANY idea what day it is revolves around G having a day off and the fact that I only tutor 5 days out of the week. ;p

10:23 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Pat, I'm soooooo happy you're getting to go!!!!!! Enjoy every second! Can't wait to see your photos.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I hope you have a brilliant time, Pat, I really do.

De looks wonderful in his nice new frame. :-)

Back from seeing Harry Potter this morning - it was superb. Will write more tomorrow.

1:19 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How exciting Pat...! I'm so happy for you that you are going there...ALL is crossed for you to get that Autograph, my dear. I look forwad to seeing all the pictures you will take...!

2:24 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I am so so so so so excited for you Pat!!! How cool would that be to get to meet Buzz Aldrin??? Have you met him before? You're going to have so much fun, I just know it!

And the apartment is really looking great! It looks very comfy :) I'd like to come hang out with you there!

2:10 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

JJ: glad the Endeavor got off yesterday! At least they can complete their mission now.

Debi: it's 4:20 am.. ya think i'm anxious or something to get going?

Cath: I am sure I will be very touristy and amazed!.. yes, De does look good.. but he always did look good! lol

naomi: it could never compare to the ladies that lunch!

Chris: thanks baby boy. Yes I met Buzz Aldrin once before and chatted with him (we have a mutual aquaintence) but have not met the other astronauts that will be there. I am so looking forward to seeing the space capsule and rockets! they are my heros! my heros! my heros!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Oooh, I hope you'll have/are having a wonderful time, Pat! And that you get that autograph!

And that Cowboy Corner sure looks like a nice little space. I'd love to see it when you've got the frames you want and it's all ready and spiffy-looking!

4:28 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

shanra: it's only 4:30 am here so I haven't left yet.. having my coffee as we speak!
I hope I get that autograph too! I just hope he's not charging for it or charges not a lot.. normally he gets 250.00 a signature!

I have time to pop up a post w/ bird pics so I will do that for now..

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home