My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Meanwhile.. back at the pond...

 

(I spotted the duck! It's the first time the duck has been around in a long time)

The baby Moorhens have been, more of less, left on their own now..

The Egret is here daily... (I wonder if Egrets blink? heh)

 

 

(Woody is so interesting to watch!  .. and he doesn't care much who's around! *Egret*)

And then the next day brought a big surprise to me!...

Woody has a girlfriend!!

look how nonchalant he is ...pretending not to notice that she's getting all pretty for him!

Isn't that just like a man?! lol

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

The storks are hilarious! Yep, just like a bloke... ;-p

And I love the duck in the first pic. We forget what lovely plummage these everyday birds have. Lovely colouring.

12:20 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Woody!! I always enjoy seeing pictures of him :) And look at him getting himself a woman! Maybe you'll have baby woodstorks soon!! lol. I just love these posts Pat!

2:25 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: i was thinking the same thing... that duck sure is pretty!! "plain but pretty"..

Chris: Woody is something huh? I wonder if he thinks she is a raving beauty? lol.. that's the only time (so far) that I've ever seen two of them here!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I'm just curious...how close can you actually get to any of these birds? Are they comfortable with people?

And I agree with Cath...that duck is just gorgeous!

4:39 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

you can get maybe 10 or 12 feet from them.. but nearly every photo i've taken has been from inside my apartment using the zoom on my camera... some will come a little closer for bread if you toss it out.. there's one moodhen and she will come right up and take the bread from your hand. But the stork and Herons won't come close

4:44 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Great pictures Pat. Helen

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Teehee! I love your storks. But the stars for me are the ickle moorhens because they're so cute.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh my gosh Pat, you live in a beautiful bird sanctuary! What a great place to be.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home