My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Just Another Day at the Pond

 

(view from inside my door.. the tiny birds you see are Moorhens.)

Today brought the small Heron.. he seems to be here nearly everyday.

I just love his colors.

When I looked out later a new small Heron was there..

The Egret was taking a break from the hot sun and stood under the tree for a little shade..

The big Heron showed up.. haven't seen him in a while but he worked his way to the far end of the pond so I only got this one shot.

But I have to say:  July at the Pond doesn't leave stagnant!...

First off.. the Anhinga disappeared for about 2 weeks and now she's back in all her "opened winged glory"..

the small Heron maintains his staring contest... (which is a constant with him~)

and the Moorhen has new babies!!... she proudly displayed them, for the first time, just the other day!

Five of them.  I just hope we don't loose them as we did the ducklings.

(talk about a bunch of "buttheads!"...)

..the whole slam family.

..a close up of one chick.. ummm.. not the prettiest bird in the pond! lol

14 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Awwww! I think the baby Moorhens are adorable! I've been wanting to see them :) And what's that??? Do I see blue skies in Florida? You got a break from the rain finally!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

That is one freakin' cool view!!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey baby boy: the mornings are nearly always blue.. it's the afternoons and evenings when the storms roll in.. usually afternoons.

1:16 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: actually it's a very hot and humid view! (could be why i take all the bird shots from inside the apt!) lol

1:18 PM  
Blogger Memory said...

You take such consistently great pictures! And I'm with Chris; I think the baby Moorhens are awfully cute.

6:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks memory..they are cute..sorta.. kinda lol

6:21 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I would be in Seventh Heaven if I got to see such unusual and pretty Birds almost every day....
I LOVE those little babies....I think they are adorable! And very colorful, too...!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Those baby moorhens are sort of of that "so ugly they're adorable" variety, aren't they?

10:43 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Naomi: funny thing is it looks like they are always about but many times I look out and none are around..

debi: exactly! lol

10:45 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I was informed the other day that giant bullfrogs snag the tiny ducklings when they hatch. They aren't native here. Someone brought them from the south for some reason. Maybe frog legs?

11:23 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Those baby moorhens are just balls of black fluff. I hope they survive. They get taken by giant bullfrogs??? Oh gosh...

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

If it was a little more practical, I'd ask you if I could move in with you. That view is gorgeous. I want a view like that!

And the birds... You know I love me the bird pictures. I think the baby moorhens are quite cute (even up close, yes), lookit at the all-black and then that one streak of read from beak to head...

But that small heron is the winner, all the name. Look at its colours. I mean look at them! They're wonderful and gorgeous and beautiful.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Those babies are cute but not the prettiest babies in the world LOL.Helen

7:35 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Pat, I guess out of the bad neighborhood and into the new has turned out, at least in scenary, very nice! Loving your pond and its wildlife.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home