My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Wading & Fishing & Wing Stretching

The Big Heron came back !

see the small one on the other shore?

He's quick! He got his fish.. patience wins out!

 

Sometimes one just need a good stretch, ya know?...

Peaceful day at the Pond today..  with the ocassional exception of these guys.  The piggley-wiggleys of the pond. if I go outside to tear up a little bread for the little moorhens these guys come a running from the other side of the pond "honking" and grabbing up all the bread!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

If I had birds outside my window like that I don't think I'd ever get anything done! I so love your bird posts, Pat.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I love your pictures, but that is one scary bird :P

3:40 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: yeah you would they come and go they aren't there all the time lol

Nymeth..lol nah he's not scary lol I think he scares himself lol

6:54 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm laughing over here at Nymeth being scared of the bird :p

I can't believe you actually get pictures of them with fish in their mouths!! That's so cool. He's a purdy bird!

10:07 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: it's called "holding the camera on a bird for a long while!... and then getting lucky!"

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not everyone has patience (or steady hands) like yours, hun. ^-~ If that's lucky, I want a slice of it!

*snugs* Those are so much fun, Pat! You have such pretty wildlife and get such great pictures... And then you top it off with fun commentary!

(Also, it's come to my attention that I use 'such' too much. Ah, well.)

3:32 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

i don't have a steady hand..but I do have a digital camera so I can take many many many pictures so that a few will come out good lol

3:43 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I just LOVE seeing all these pictures of your Bird Neighbors....They really are so fascinating!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

soooooooooooooo much nicer than gun battles outside your house... (:

10:04 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Wow! Look at the neck on that bird! Very cool shots :)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home