My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Woody Takes a Bath

Peering out at the Pond, I found Woody checking out the 'bath water"

He lowered himself into the pond and savored the moment..

..then he want slightly crazy lol..

..and then it was time to dry off..

...every angle had to face the sun..

There was nothing shy about him sunning himself.

The only thing better would have been if he had done all of this a little bit closer to my apartment so I didn't have to use the zoom so much.  And before I go.. a quick update on the Moorhen chicks, which I have named after the Marx brothers: Harpo, Chico, Zeppo, and Groucho

All Four babies are doing well...

 

"Eeee-gads, are we alone?!!"

"hey, mom where'd ya go?"

...giving herself a stretch before returning to her chores.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Honestly, Pat, your bird pics and commentaries give me such a laugh. I love Woody 'going crazy' and the chicks looking for 'mom'. Wonderful. :-)

6:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: glad you enjoy them.. I know I overdo the birds but at least they help keep my mind occupied. I guess it helps that they are very slow moving so photo's are easy LOL
the "where's mom?" was easy to think of if you could see how often they go running to her lol

7:23 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Boy, have those babies gotten big! And Woody sure looks like he was having a grand ol' time.

cjh

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Eeee, bathing bird!

And, hush, you aren't overdoing the birds. *hugs* Believe me, you aren't. (I know I don't comment on each and every post, which is my bad, but they always bring a smile to my face to see them. ^-^)

*pokes comment* Go on, post. *no idea what's wrong with openID now*

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Kathleen said...

I love the pictures...wow the babies are getting big!

5:21 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: they are growing! but still clining to mama lol

Hi Shanra.. glad you like the bird pics.. since I rarely get away from my apartment they are one of the few things I have to photograph


Thank you Kathleen!!

5:34 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh good!! Woody's back :D As you know, he's my favorite ;) I love his rituals that he has...Looks like he had a nice bath, lol.

And look at the moorhens all by themselves! They're doing fantastic!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

I love it ! You have such an eye for these things !!! Marlin Perkins, eat your heart out !!!

1:11 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: yeah woody was here that day and gone again. he really hasn't been around hardly at all!

Hi daniel: i'm guessing you posted lol be right there!! glad you like the pics!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

The babies look so cute when their feathers are all downy/fur-like.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home