My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, August 14, 2009

I Don't Do Music Much Anymore...

...but on a rare occasion when I find myself looking at what few CDs I do have I almost always wind up putting on John Denver...

Gawd, I loved this mans voice!

And, let's face it, for anyone who really remembers his songs being on the radio... most everyone of them was hard not to sing along to. (not that I can sing a dang note mind you..you just had to have the music really loud so it looked like you were lip-synching!)

John Denver will always be one of those singers that I can never forget.. Sometimes it's really hard to believe he's gone.


yes, there are others singers I remember well.. but most of you out there probably never heard of them or if you did it was because your parents played the music and you had no choice but to listen.

So.. since I told you one of my favorite singers... I thought I'd mention someone else..

I swear .. his name has GOT to be fake! No one has a name like Buster Poindexter on a birth certificate! NO ONE!

My depression keeps me pretty much down all the time.. but I have to admit this... if I ever hear: "Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot" what few muscles I have left begin to move! I honestly never knew I liked Reggae before this song came out. And I never knew a song could stay will me for so many years and still make me want to dance!

11 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

You might not think it, but I am a big fan of John Denver as well. His voice really touched a cord (pardon the pun) in me. Not more than a few months back I was playing John Denver songs on the computer for Mary, Tori and I. His was an amazing voice that was silenced too soon.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Count me amongst the John Denver fans. Every time Cliff and I are coming home from a road trip, you'll hear me singing, "Hey, it's good to be back home again".

9:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: there was surely somehting very special about his voice and the songs he chose to sing!

Hi Donna: simple words but with much meaning..

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think John Denver crosses many lines and a lot of people enjoy him. I like Contry Roads and Sunshine on my Shoulders. Ironically there was a special here last night that I only caught the tail end of about him. And as far as the other, don't know him, but if you can get up and 'shake your booty' to the music...you go girl. Still like to shake and sway myself. See were not old we are just more stiffly attached! Vala and DesLily at the disco...don't think the world is ready for that as yet.

4:59 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Vala: LOL definitely NOT ready for that hahahahaha.. at least on my end!! I tend to think you are still in fine shape what with the sports and stuff you do.. but not me.. sheesh..

5:03 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Oh, my. John Denver is one of my favorites. I absolutely love Calypso and Fly Away. Calypso makes me want to be out in the middle of an ocean on a boat and Fly Away strikes what I consider to be a spiritual cord. He really did leave us too soon.

I don't think I've ever heard of Dexter, by name, but I certainly love that song!

Thanks for sharing.

cjh

8:18 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj:one of my favorite Denver songs conjurs up VERY OLD memories..it's called Grandma's Feather Bed. My grandmother had one! A mattress on a spring and I still remember it because of that song!

as for Buster Poindexter (I still think it's a fake name).. it's not the "song" so much as the music to it just makes you want to move.. lol

5:45 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Haven't had a chance to watch these vids yet (spent last night and early this morning on my three reviews and we have the grandson today too) but just wanted to say that I'm a big JD too. Went to see him in concert in Cornwall just a couple of years before he died. Was wonderful and P and I were really shocked when we learnt of his premature death. Too awful.

6:31 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: ohhh so green with envy here! You saw cutie pahtootie JD live and in person?!! I could scream like a teenie bopper! lol

6:33 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Yeah, Pat, he was doing a British tour... I think it was the late 80s... and was appearing at Carlyon Bay near St. Austell. My brother and his partner came up from Penzance and we travelled down from Barnstaple and we all went together. It was a truly wonderful evening, sitting there singing along with John Denver. I had to pinch myself because I couldn't really believe the singer whose music I'd adored for years was there in front of me on the stage! One of those magical evenings.

6:41 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I can't say I was a HUGE Fan of John Denver, but he certainly had a very soothing pleasing voice....And it was very sad that he died so young.
Buster, I am familiar with but he is another entertainer I cannot say I am a big fan of...BUT...I like him! He is very spirited, to say the least...lol!
Whatever 'floats your boat'....if he cheers you upo---Play him all the time, my dear!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home