My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Back at the Pond

November 2nd 4 am....

Later that morning...

What we have here (according to the bird book) is a double crested   Cormorant.

It is related to the Anhinga but smaller and does not have a pointy beak

... it does however have impeccable posture!

... I'm not sure but I feel like I'm getting the Evil Eye!

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Ooooooh, I love that top shot so much!!! I would seriously frame that one! :D

8:47 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh, you have a newbie at the pond! Love the way he poses for the camera! LOL. I too love that first shot of the moon and agree with Debi that it would be beautiful framed.

1:53 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Great photos, as always, especially the first one!

Have I told you how hated the Cormorants are here in the Great Lakes? They decimate the fishing.

cjh

3:36 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Now that looks like a Halloweeny moon. Scarrrry. Helen

6:20 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Well it might look like an evil eye but it sure is a pretty turquoise color!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Never seen a bird like that before. Interesting! Love the first photo :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: thanks debi! glad you like it!

hi cath! just glad to be here my dsl modum took a dive and they overnited a new one so I am back on line!!!

cj well the anhinga seem to catch more fish then these do

helen: yeah glad I moved and took it thru the trees

kathleen: at first I thought it was reflecting light but every shot shows the same color eyes.. weird!

hiyas Tink! I try to make the "same pictures" different lol

3:50 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I think you DID get the evil eye. Maybe you smelled like a fish? ha ha.

11:27 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

He is quite Beautiful...All those colors---GORGEOUS! Isn't it good you have that great Bird Book....So many of these Birds are totally new to me....!

12:26 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam: no doubt ! lol

Naomi: Me too Naomi.. which is why I have to look them up lol..before they were all just "big birds" and "birds that swim underwater" etc lol

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home