My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Neverwas

A few days ago I caught the last 30 minutes of this movie.. "Neverwas", ever hear of it?  Well I hadn't!

Get a load of this cast:   Aaron Eckhart,  Ian McKellen,  Brittany Murphy,  Nick Nolte, T.L Pierson,  Jessica Lange,  and William Hurt.. so how come I haven't heard of this movie???!!

Probably because it didn't get very good ratings... but just because Ian was in the movie I watched what little of the movie there was left and then ordered the dvd!  Yeah, I know.. dumb dumb dumb..but I do love Ian!

IMDb plot:

Zach Riley (Aaron Eckhart) is a psychiatrist, who leaves a job at a prestigious university, to take up a job at the privately run mental institution, 'Millwood', belonging to Dr. Reed (William Hurt). What he doesnt reveal at the time of his appointment is that this was the very place where his novelist father, T.L. Pierson (Nick Nolte), spent many years of his life, and later wrote a popular childrens classic, Neverwas.
Once there, he meets a schizophrenic patient, Gabriel Finch (Ian McKellen), and soon finds that more things linking him to the story, and to the book than he ever thought, and also to the recovery of the patient, who believes himself to be a character from the tale

 I have to tell you.. even though I didn't see a lot of this movie, and even though it didn't get good ratings and even though it's a movie without a lot of "special effects", I did see one thing... Ian McKellen creating magic!  I swear this man can do no wrong when it comes to acting!.. I like him well before  he became Gandalf and he just keeps getting better with age!

So,... I will now wait until I can watch Ian once again..but he's worth the wait!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed commenting yesterday since I was out. But loved your blanket. You do such nice work. I have a friend that also crochets and she has sold some of hers. Not anymore however. I love the colors in your new one.
Saw Doom some time ago. I checked it out from the vid shop just for Karl.
Have your ever seen Ian in a movie called Gods and Monsters? It was excellent. He plays a gay director who filmed one of the early Frankenstein movies. Brenden Frazier is also in it and it has some intense scenes. Great acting on both their parts. If you can find it, think you might like it. Vala3

4:08 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I can honestly say I have never heard of this movie!

How's The West End Horror going?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I've never heard of this one. I must keep an eye out for it!

Hope all is well with you, Deslily...sorry for not popping by sooner!

7:46 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I actually have this movie on my Netflix queue! I was searching for Ian McKellen movies on there a long time ago and found this one. Still haven't seen it but looking forward to it :)

2:27 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Sher: yes I saw Gods and Monsters long ago.. he was a retired director "painting" Brandons portrait wasn't he? I do need to own that movie though.. i quick put it on my wish list it's on amazon for cheap 8.99!

Cath: we did the email thing lol

Lee: oh wow.. I didn't know you were back to blogging !!


Chris: oh how funny that you will be seeing that movie! So will I ..when it gets here lol.. he's such a fine, fine actor. I love watching him and maggie smith!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I've had several people at work mention that this is well worth watching. I have had it in my Netflix queue for some time but have yet to watch it. I need to get to it before it goes off the 'watch instantly' list!

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home