My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 06, 2012

A Farewell Tribute

It's been a while since I have talked about or mentioned DeForest.

I came across this Tribute to him and sat and watched it this morning.  I cried some.  It made me miss him and Carolyn. 

So many people talk about him and mention such nice things that I thought I’d put it up as a post.  If you listen close, you may hear of some of the reasons I miss him in my life.

 

 

Here are a few of my special moments remembering De…

patDeF2[1]

patDeforest2[1]

dpc2[1]

dp12[1]

patDeStage2[1]

He was a great actor… and an even greater human being.

drewde2[1]

(artwork by: Drew Struzan)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

How wonderful Pat. :)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

What a wonderful man and like so many others, gone too soon! Hugs Pat.

2:14 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a WONDERFUL Tribute, Pat....I know you miss them both so very very much...And I understand. It is so great to have all the pictures you do and to have this terrific tribute by so many people who knew him and loved him....!
Time and life go on...but those memories are with you, forever....!!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

What a wonderful post, Pat. Those memories will always be with you. And I love knowing that an actor I admired for years and years was such a wonderful person.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I miss him too, as you know. I never go to comment on the fabulous lunch pail you got a few weeks ago, but I was a-droolin' over that one!!!

Whenever I think of Deforest, I think of gentleman, in the old sense of the word. Courteous, too. I love looking at your pictures of being with him and his wife. I would have loved to have met him, though I know I would never have been able to say anything!

He was an original, and so were the characters he created. He will always be "Bones" McCoy to me.

Thanks, Pat!

10:08 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Always love these posts Mama :) Love the pictures too!

1:07 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

He was so well loved Pat. That's such a tribute in itself <3

7:22 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thank you all !.. glad you don't think I overdo "missing him"...

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home