My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

I Have Been

Stealing the Meme from my baby boy, Chris again.

I Have Been…

Writing: well that’s one of the lesser things I’ve done lately! I don’t even write good reviews for books, I let Amazon do it! Pathetic, I know.

I often think of part 4 of the story I wrote and what I wanted to do for it and it seems all my creative juices have been driven so far down there’s no hope whatsoever. However, even being the pessimist I am I will “never say never”….

Reading: I just finished book one of a Terry Brooks Trilogy concerning is old series of Shannara. He dragged me right into his world with good characters and a good story. So next up is to begin book two of the series. I think when I finish this series that I might jump into a biography or two.

Listening: Well, I don’t listen to the radio so the only listening I do is when I see a neighbor and they decide to talk a bit. Being a nice neighbor I listen.. but generally I try not to be pulled into any complaints. (I have enough of my own!)

Watching: Oh boy.. well one of my favs has been on television: Dancing With the Stars, and I have to say the last group of dancers are really very good! My favorites are dancing with Derek Hough and Val (not even going to try to spell his last name) And on Mondays once dancing is over it’s Castle for me! Besides loving Nathan Fillion I think the writers of that show deserve an Emmy because they are excellent! After being on the air for 6 yrs I finally got hooked on The Big Band Theory which I watch in reruns on one of the higher cable channels .

Looking: Well, I am always looking out the window for Birds or flowers or sunsets to take pictures of…. And wishing someone around here, who has a decent car, would decide to go to the zoo in Melbourne so I could tag along and get some “new” photo’s.

Learning: Not a whole lot lately. Admittedly it gets harder to learn new things the older we get.. but if I had a way to get to the community college around here I’d be taking me some classes! Not to get a degree or anything.. for enjoyment! I’d take a computer class.. and an art class… a creative writing class.. and I’d love another voice over class but I don’t think the local college does one of those lol.

Feeling: I am always stressed and filled with Anxiety. My depression is always around too..nothing much changes with those things. Yesterday was a good day though..cool-ish and low LOW humidity with a little breeze! Whoa it was great!! I could take 365 of those days a year! Lol… I even took a walk on the trail close by where I live. Plants were coming alive… the “Punks” were all tall and nice.. even wild Elephant Ears! I am tempted to go try to get one of those but they are in Mucky water and there are more snakes than I care for around here so maybe I’ll just skip that idea!

Anticipating: Ohhh this one is easy! My friend went to an autograph show and I asked her to get me a photo with Karl Urbans autograph and she told me she’d be mailing it out today or tomorrow!! Woo Hooo! My second favorite Dr McCoy!

Wishing: a lot of my wishing remains the same: re: a trip to England :o) I also wish the new Star Trek folks would do a few conventions here in the states. Oh yeah, and I wish I could afford a new car! (well not “New”..but one that is only a few years old) And like many people wishing that my health doesn’t every get tooooo bad.

Loving: easy peasy: lovin’ my BooBoo kitty.

kitty

 

7 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is an interesting MEME...I've never seen this one before...And I found your answers very interesting, too! Give a BIG HUG to Boo Boo Kitty, for me!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I like this MEME and am happy to see you are finding ways to make the best of life. That's all any of us can do!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love your answers to the meme, Pat! I'll have to go see what Chris's are too.

Oooh, a Karl Urban autograph!!! That reminds me, have you seen the new Leonard Nimoy car ad, with Zachary Quinto? It's hilarious. I think I saw on Facebook that you did, but just in case :-) more Star Trek loving!!!

I hope your depression recedes one day, Pat. It's hard to know it's always there, isn't it? I wish I knew the way to let it go, and then teach it to everyone I know.....

4:57 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Interesting, enjoyed reading your answers. Nathan Fillon met one of my 'crushes', John Barrowman, recently at a con. I saw a pic of them together and it looked like they were having a lot of fun. Oh boy, would I have *loved* to have been there.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Sorry about the stress, depression and anxiety. You know if I could wave my magic wand that far I would certainly do so. Its been on the fritz lately. :)

I hope you do keep writing!

I was just talking to a friend about Brooks the other day and realize I need to try his Magic Kingdom series some day. I love the idea of it. I was actually seeing my friend's first edition hardcover of the book. It was cool, loved the DK Sweet cover.

7:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Carl: I like DK Sweet too. Along with a paperback of Michael Whelans and Brom I have one of DK Sweet too!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

It was sad that his style became kind of maligned by the end, I think in part because he was slipping a little in his work and partially because time had seemed to move on past his style, but I was fond of it as a kid and still really like it. My first Patricia A. McKillip books had Sweet covers and I love those paperbacks.

I'll have to see if I can track down a copy of that Sweet art book.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home