My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, August 02, 2018

The Murder Room

The Murder Room by P. D. James.

Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: Vintage;(November 9, 2004)
ISBN-10: 1400076099


 

Amazon Review:

Commander Adam Dalgliesh is already acquainted with the Dupayne--a museum dedicated to the interwar years, with a room celebrating the most notorious murders of that time--when he is called to investigate the killing of one of the family trustees. He soon discovers that the victim was seeking to close the museum against the wishes of the fellow trustees and the Dupayne's devoted staff.  Everyone, it seems, has something to gain from the crime.  When it becomes clear that the murderer has been inspired by the real-life crimes from the murder room--and is preparing to kill again--Dalgliesh knows that to solve this case he has to get into the mind of a ruthless killer.

I thought for sure that this would be a good book for me.  *sigh*  It turned out not to my liking. But being a female I  had to read it to see "who done it".

For me there was more description of everyone and everything than there was about the who done it.  Generally every so often you have a feeling of the culprit but not in this one.  And I never felt it was because it was "so well written".

I am sure for others it will be more enjoyed then it has for me.
On a scale of 1-10  it was only a 4 for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Shame this wasn't for you. Years ago this was a TV series that I absolutely loved and I read all the books. I don't remember this one though.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home