My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ready.. a-a-and.. Action!

My friend the blue Heron was visiting at the Pond again... (I can't believe I cut off his head in the reflection!.. duh)

"I'm ready for my close up C.B."....So here's a closer view of his head.. I love the white neck feathers.

Here he is pretending to be an Egret and stretching his neck to see across the pond. (Truth is he spotted something and went into action!)

Wings help you run faster!...

My camera isn't the quickest for action shots but the Heron, who maybe I will call Henry, .. so, Henry the Heron repeated himself just for me to get some shots!..

This one came out better.. (thank you Henry!)

Nice wing-span there Henry!!

Considering this Heron and the Egret spend most of their time standing like a bronze statue, I thought this was worth posting!

(I did a post to the other blog)

6 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Oh Pat! I DO believe you may have a heart for Florida after all! You are certainly enjoying that little pond and all it's creatures! These are wonderful shots!

9:28 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Those birds are absolutely amazing! I don't think we have anyone around here with such long necks. And the white feathers are the coolest. I love that you share the photos.

cjh

10:40 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I went back and looked at all the posts I missed Pat...All of these Birds are Extrordinary...And I think your pictures are GREAT! I've never seen so many gorgeous and unusual birds in one place---and to think they are right outside your sliding door...

I'm sorry I haven't been by...I'm going through my own 'hard hard times' these days.....So I understand about depression, my dear....I hope things lift for both of us.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I love the pictures, and most of all I love your comments. Keep them coming :D

2:20 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Melli:glad you enjoy the photo's i'm still not dealing well so this is a good diversion.. take pictures and not my chit chat lol

cj: it does seem that a lot of fla. birds have long necks! lol

Naomi: thank you.. sent you an email.

Nymeth: it's something to do right? lol

3:38 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Just visited your other blog and bookmarked it. :-)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home