My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Fashion Statement

There's something to be said about "fashion"... or the lack of.

Since funneling through these old pictures my mother had so that I might put them in a newer album I am finding out that "motherhood" and "fashion" were not necessarily ever said in the same sentence!

Let's take "Bows" for example... Who was it that ever came up with the idea that every little girl had to have a bow in her hair to distinguish the fact she is a female child? I'd like to find him and smack him upside his head a few times!

Good lord Mom! Look what you did to me!............



Could the bows get any larger?!! I mean, really mom.. I had a dress on! Wasn't that enough to let the world know i was a girl?!! I'm not sure here, maybe they were large so that if the weather turned badly they could be undone and used for scarfs!! I can't believe she did that to me!! And i still smiled for the school photos!!! I musta been a really nice kid to do that lol...

I hope this was a 1950 thing and that woman of today don't do such things to their daughters!!

=======================================
A bit after i posted this I found more pictures... I guess after a time with the "bows" my mother tried hats! (get a load of this hat!.)

But, (and there's always a "but" isn't there?)... when that didn't work.. MY ......MOTHER.....WENT.....RIGHT.....BACK ....TO......(you guessed it!) BOWS!............... AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!



and that ... is the end of any fashion statements from me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I just love looking at old photos! Anyone's old photos! lol. Don't put them in albums. Put a couple of your favorites in frames. We have Aaron Brother's Art Marts here (I'm sure you rememeber those from California) and right now they're having their one cent frame sale. I loaded up! Seriously, though, put atleast a couple in frames. Like the one of you and your brother. That's a good one!

2:23 PM  
Blogger betty said...

Cute entry, Pat! Moms still do the bow thing. I feel for the little babies that come in the nursery at church and have that band type of bow on. We usually take it off of them and they are usually much more happier!

Keep sharing the pictures! I love seeing "old" pictures

betty

3:25 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Hey, I'll go you one better.... HOME PERMS ::shudder::

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home