My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, January 09, 2006

I can't believe i did this..

Well.. what a difference 25 lbs can make! Especially when those 25 lbs are put in all the wrong places!! (groan)

Believe it or not this is me at age 14 (1958).. my brother was in Parson's School of Design in NY and for fun made this "cover top" for over a bathing suit. His best friend Richard was a budding Photographer and took the photo.. boy, what i wouldn't give to look like that now!! (but not be 14..heh)


It was not the easiest thing to grow up with someone becoming a dress designer. I won't tell you how many times material was "drapped" and "straight pinned" onto me for ideas!.. I got stuck with those pins more then i care to remember!! And like the shoemaker's kid.. the sister of a designer didn't get many things made for her either lol... but that's ok.. he was more into "big fashion" and I was a tom boy! By the time i liked dresses he was in the AirForce in the Azores and by the time he came home i was married ..

geez, I guess timing is everything huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

Oh I like that picture very much! You would have made a wonderful High Fashion Model! You have the look. Very cool entry!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Virenda said...

I know you probably didn't post the last paragraph to make your readers cry but it made me sad. Life just zooms right by and you look back and can't believe the things that have changed, the people that have changed, and how you yourself have changed. You are beautiful and I hope that you enjoy life as much as "we" all should. I remember when i was younger I was so impatient about everything, everything seemed to take forever and now well now months pass by in the blink of an eye. I love the photos that you are posting and hope that you continue, I love the history. :-) Your life is unique.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home