My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Is the the party to whom I am speaking?

Remember this photo and the story about DeForest passing me off as Lily Tomlin to some 1,500 people in his audience?


Well, there is a followup to that story,.. I just had to find the picture. But I did even better and found the proof photos! Here are some of them... (don't get too hysterical)


I had a neighbor in Florida who was a photographer and I asked if he would help me take a picture posing as Lily Tomlin and told him why and what it was for .. he was more then willing to oblige me. I couldn't let DeForest get the last word on this one!

I chose one of the pictures and wrote DeForest a "funny" letter to go with it.. I asked him if he wanted MY autograph and that if he needed to hire me for his "opening act" for conventions I was available, for a price..heh..

I guess the picture and photo went over well because the day they got the letter (I was living in Florida) I got a phone call for De and Carolyn laughing their butts off. Carolyn said I would make a great opening act...

then I pretended to yell at De for leaving me there to sign autographs while he got to walk off stage and disappear. He guffawed and said I was more then welcome.
Gosh he liked pulling off a joke!This all occurred in the early stages of our "budding" friendship.
From the day I met them my "creative juices" began running at top speed, and they brought much happiness into my life.

Then there was the time I threatened to short sheet their bed while at a convention..heh.. but that's another story.

3 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

Those photos are fantastic and you DO look like her. So your a prankster? LOL too funny, I am terrible at pranks, well besides jumping out of the dark at my husband and making him scream. :0) So do you have any new ideas/pranks? Have a great Wednesday...

2:20 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I LOVE Lily and you can do a great impression!

7:52 PM  
Blogger betty said...

what great memories you have that you are sharing with us :)

betty

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home