My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Country at heart...

I always thought that if we really are born again, then the life before the one I have, had to be during the time of the Cowboys and Indians.

I am attracted to wood and stone and things being very basic and usable rather then fancy and shiney. I have a love of old gray barns and forests, and for country living in general. (I can't begin to tell you how I dislike cities.)

About 10 or 11 years ago, (just for a day) I got to pretend that I really did live when the West was young.... When I had an opportunity to play, in an old western town, on the Warner Bros. Studio lots !



There I was, just a sittin' 'round town...
Absolutely nuthin' was a gitt'n me down.




But things in the West don't stay quiet for long,
...... when someone would show who just didn't belong.



Throughout the town I hunted the thief down ,
.....I'd sniffed 'em out jest like an ol' hound.



Cornered and caught with the goods in her hands,
......and once again peace would covet the land.



The deed well done I wandered on down...
...to the only Saloon in the whole dang town.



It was a warm night in June as I whistled the last tune,
And found my way home by the light of the moon.


(by the way.. this is the house used by the Walton's~)


nope.. I ain't no poet..
.. and yep,... I sure do know it!

2 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

Looks like you had fun. thanks for stopping by my place.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

I think you had fun "there" and "here" with this journal entry. LOL

You may not be a poet, but that was some good rhymin, especially when it came to using the pictures to tell the story. Great Post!

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home