My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday morning...

This morning I got to talk with (well, actually "to") Shelly (xxroxymamaxx!) She had IMed me.. and me being old and slow early in the morning, I decided to try to use the microphone because sometimes the written word can confuse an old lady.. heh.. sometimes? duh!


Anyway, it was a one sided conversation, since Shelly didn't have a microphone or a built in microphone on her computer.. so I talked and she typed. (works for me! lol) And eventually I got a better understanding of what we were talking about lol..


It would have been nice to hear her voice and "meet her" a bit more. I guess I was hoping her computer had one built in.. I know I was shocked when I did this with my girlfriend Annie in Texas and I heard her typing LOL.. she didn't know she had a built in Microphone! If you haven't tried it you should.. its pretty nice. I know the option is on my IM box what I don't know is if the option is on AIM also.. it may be something only AOL users can do. (though I know there are many other "chat programs" that offer the microphone "talk" options. If you try it and have difficulties they most likely have to do with the firewalls. Sometimes it just won't go through.. but most times it does. (did I confuse you yet? )


I have to say.. that since it's not using any sort of phone it makes me think of when I was a kid and we tried talking into empty tin cans attached by a string ..heh.. I have no idea why that came to mind!



I don't pimp often but I want to take a moment and mention a new journal I came upon.. it's called Here in the Hills it's a journal about creative people such as actors, directors, the arts in general etc. Written by "OldOld Lady of the Hills".. which pretty much describes me too! lol.. anyway, anyone interested in the arts and movies and such might enjoy dropping by her journal. Oh.. and her cat Sweetie also has a journal for you animal lovers: Sweetie's Suite Site. If you go there and enjoy it bookmark it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

Nice to find your blog. I like mature bloggers--otherwise I get bogged down (blogged down?) in homeschooling and diapers. I don't care what color your hair is.

3:32 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thank you so much for the "Pimping". (LOL)
I dearly appreciate your recomending me to other bloggers and Sweetie is very happy about your recomendation of his blog, too...He says: Puuuuuuurrrrr!

What years did you live in Encino/Sherman Oaks? I have been out to Shambala and in fact adopted a wonderful Lion named Nigel, who has since died. It really made me sad....(unfortuneately I could only do the "adoption" for two years...)I love that place and would go out on Foster Parents day when it was not as crowded, as you know....I think Tippi is quite extrordinary... I actually wrote a post about Shambala using some pictures that I took, (Which weren't very good) and pictures I found on their website as well as through Google.) I can't remember exactly when that was...("Old" you know...lol) It is somewhere there in the archives...nothing you don't already know, but just a little of my personal experience.
It is really lovely to meet you. BTW, I wrote a Post about Ray Richmond...I think he is a wonderful wonderful writer and I love his column in The Reporter.
I'm sure I will be returning, many times! And again, thanks so much for your enthusiastism re my blog.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home