My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Sometimes I Could Almost Kiss the Mailman (almost!)

Oh my... I had a super mail day today!!




Thankfully I only have a few chapters to go to finish The Moor!


Stephen R Donaldson's book of Fatal Revenant is the prize in the mail package.. and next up for reading!! I can hardly wait! Second up is The Tiger's Egg, which is the next in line from The Palace of Laughter that I recently read.


Then I am headed into the other TBR books! I really need to read faster since I have been having this urge inside of me to reread some old favorites. It's been brewing for a while now but I don't want to leave a large pile of TBR when I do it, because that will take a while.


I plan to reread the first 6 Dragonlance books, Eddings Belgarian series (5), The first 3 Shannara books by Terry Brooks and 6 of McCaffrey's Pern books. (The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings would be there, but they are still fresh enough in my mind to skip for now)


That will certainly take some time.... but I feel like I need to be with some "old friends". I've been enjoying the new books I have read (over quite some time now) but I don't think any characters have come to mean as much to me as the ones in the books I want to reread.... either that... or I just plain miss them!


Anyway, something's gotta give soon lol...


Oh.. I had to go for a foot X-ray today. Not sure if I fractured a bone or not, but thinking "not".. won't know until later today. Right now half of my right foot is black and blue from a step I missed.. all I can say is.. don't grow old! sheesh.


I need to keep my foot elevated as much as possible so I think I will go sit on my bed and finish reading The Moor ... it's as good an excuse as any!

6 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh no :( Don't have a broken foot! Sorry to hear that! I've done the same thing and it turned out to be just a sprain, so I hope that it's just a sprain for you too...I'd hate for you to have to have a cast! I was a 15 year old boy at the time and thought it was just the coolest thing to have a black foot :p Wouldn't like it so much now!

I've been wanting to read Lud in the Mist forever! Can't wait to hear your thoughts one it. It does indeed look like it was a good day! By the way, I think you really should kiss the mailman one day just to see his reaction!! LOL!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Don't you just love getting parcels in the mail?! I do, even if, mostly I've had to pay for them myself! ;)

Hope your foot gets better soon, Deslily...anyway, it's a great reason to stay still and read! ;)

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read Lud in the Mist as well. But first I need to finish Alex Webster and The Gods by David Dent who is Highly comparable to Neil Gaiman.

11:47 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: Lud in the Mist has to wait.. Fatal Revenant is already begun. Umm I don't think the (quite handsome) YOUNG mailman would appreciate a kiss from an old fart! Wouldn't want to take the chance that he'd stop delivering my books!

Lee: at least you only "mostly" pay for them all! There's no "mostly" here LOL I DO pay for them all! lol

Melissa:I totally understand. I have a few before I will get to Lud in the Mist myself ..never ending tbr pile!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Mailman always rings twice;)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

yay, you got Lud-in-the-Mist! I can't wait to see what you think of it.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home