My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Bookshelf Meme

The Bookshelf Meme

This was  created by Eva at A Striped Armchair. I don't many memes, but this looks like  fun...

The Rules
1. Tag 3-5 people, so the fun keeps going!
2. Leave a comment at the original post at A Striped Armchair, so that Eva can collect everyone’s answers.
3. If you leave a comment and link back to Eva as the meme’s creator, she will enter you in a book giveaway contest! She has a whole shelf devoted to giveaway books that you’ll be able to choose from, or a bookmooch point if you prefer.
4. Remember that this is all about enjoying books as physical objects, so feel free to describe the exact book you’re talking about, down to that warping from being dropped in the bath water…
5. Make the meme more fun with visuals! Covers of the specific edition you’re talking about, photos of your bookshelves, etc.

 

1 - The book that’s been on your shelves the longest:

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (I gave up on it at about 250 pages into it but still plan to give it another go.)

2 - A book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time, etc.):

Probably that would be any YA book where the protagonist doesn't think he's good enough for much of anything.  But I can't come up with one specific book.  Other than that, any book about Hollywood that I've read always makes me think of the years I lived In California and even polished DeForest Kelley's star, and Richard Widmarks and A.C.Lyles.

3 - A book you acquired in some interesting way (gift, serendipity in a used bookstore, prize, etc.):

Well, newly found "sister" in England sent me a book I had never heard of and really enjoyed called The Hollow Kingdom.

4 - The most special YA book I've ever read

I'm not sure what is meant by "special", but some of my absolute favorite YA books would be Cornelia Funke's Inkheart series,  Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus series and of course J K Rowlings Harry Potter series.  I really love those books!

5 - A book that’s been with you to the most places:

Well since I rarely go anywhere it would have to be the book Stardust when I took it to Florida to visit my son and his family.

6 - The most recent addition to your shelves:

The Old Curiosity Shop.  David Copperfield.  In Spite of Myself: Christopher Plummer. 

  7 - A bonus book that you want to talk about but doesn’t fit into the other questions:

Maybe that would be reread books.  I plan on doing more this year. On that list (in no particular order) are: The Hobbit, Piers Anthony: The Complete Xanth Novels, consisting of 3.  A Spell for Chameleon, The Sourse of Magic, and Castle Roogna.  I also plan to read two or three more Anne McCaffrey Pern books.

 

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Ooooh, I shall nick this meme but want to put photos up this afternoon so it'll have to be for tomorrow's post. Good answers. I must admit The Hollow Kingdon took me by surprise too - I wasn't expecting to love it the way I did.

7:08 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Cath! nick away lol.. ohh can't wait to see what pics you are going to post!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

What a fun meme. Not sure I would be able to figure out which book has been on my shelf the longest, read or unread. I've had some of each on my shelves for a looooong time. :)

Saw a new Inkheart trailer on television the other day. I'm really hoping this is a good film. I haven't read the book so I won't have that to compare it to, so for me it will boil down to it either being a well done film or not.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

They're up on my everyday journal already, Pat. Just got to redo them for my blogspot one.

8:41 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: I can't wait for Inkheart!!!

cath: okeydokey!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home