My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 09, 2009

It's Your Fault!

If you look in my sidebar you will see a new little something ...

 

The New Year barely began and already I've bought a book based on the blogs I read.  Or I should say: based on Chris's blog.  So, "It's his fault" !!  It's because of him that my TBR pile has gained weight again!  (My tbr pile is soooo like it's owner!  Always gaining and never loosing!)

So.. I thought I would give honor to those who push me over the edge and "make me" buy yet another book or movie or whatever! (lessee: bookmarks and poppet's come to mind!)  Your names will be listed on my sidebar for 2009.

He won't be alone for long.. I put two more books on my wish list but I can't blame anyone for it unless I actually purchase the book.  I just wish Amazon wasn't the first address on my favorites list all the time! *sigh*

Anyone wanting to use the little  Top 5 Reasons it's your Fault button, feel free to nab it.. after all it seems that none of us are without guilt!

************************************************************

I also want to take a moment to thank LadyTink for giving me another award!!

   This one is really pretty too!  I am supposed to pass it on to other blogs but it upsets me to leave anyone out!  I mean, if I didn't think your blog wasn't the coolest, I wouldn't be reading it!!   So, to anyone who knows I read their blog... please add this award to your blog!!!

(and thanks again Tink!)

************************************************************

Along with the ever growing tbr pile, Cath went and put up some really neat photo's she took while visiting Cornwall and they so remind me of a Laurie R King book called Touchstone that I read last year that now I can't get the book out of my mind and will more than likely add it to the books that I want to re-read this year! 

At the rate my re-reads are going and the tbr pile is growing... I may never leave this house again!  sheesh....

16 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

"The Accused"! I love it!!!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Over here nicking your meme and having a laugh at your 'Top 5 reasons it's your fault' thing. Hilarious! And I love the title that ensnared you - Enslaved by Ducks. LOL. Will go and see what that's all about in mo.

9:11 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: no great surprise that Chris is top of the list i bet! hahaha.. glad you like it..

Cath: yeah the books sounds good, I just think "credit should go to those who make us spend our money" lol

9:56 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love this :)

Becky

12:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Becky: oh yeah? lol.. you are on the soon to be added list! lol

12:55 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Hehe! I love this game!! I think I may just start laying blame on people too. This is going to be fun to watch.

2:06 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris : we blame and then thank them for the enjoyement we get from it!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I do plan to try and keep track of where I hear about books this year. There are so many books on my wish list that I can't even remember where they came from or what inspired me to add them... This year I will do better!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

lol! I love the button so much :D And "the accused", lol. This is gonna be fun to watch :P

5:54 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I agree, great idea, blaming guilty bloggers! I think I'll be borrowing your button,and it will be interesting to see who gets blamed the most over the year! I like you added Chris first. I swear going to his blog is like KNOWING whatever he's read I'm going to end up buying. Between him and Nymeth, they are very very bad to my wallet and very very good to my book-reading soul! And you are good for my fantasy loving heart, Pat!! If tempting me too!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Cool side bar addition! And you deserve the award. Congrats on both.

cjh

2:54 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you've done so many reviews of books that I've thought "hey I want to read that"
... and then I go on about my business and lose the title somewhere in my pile of sticky notes.

So, there is a way to resist. I've proven that. ha ha

11:59 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kailana: use the button I made or.. make another .. i too want to remember who i heard of a book or movie from..

nymeth: watch? I can't imagine your name not getting on the list of accused!

susan: thankfully my wish list grows faster than my tbr pile.. but not by much!

awww, thanks cj!

pam: ahhh so write them on a post it note! I just automatically go to amazon to read more about "said book" and then wind up adding it to the wish list, which never disappears!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I just wanted to say "hi" and tell you that I followed Becky's link to your wonderful site. I look forward to following your blog in 2009!

5:40 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hello Molly and welcome to this blog! you'll see quickly that i like reading and watching movies, especially old movies.. other than that I'm a bore! But you are welcome anytime!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

You're very welcome! You deserved it!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home