My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, June 19, 2009

The Name of the Game...

Hunt..

Attack..

Eat!

Here's a new bird to the Pond.. it looks like another sort of Heron but I don't know for sure.  My sister in law (also named Pat Neal hehe) is sending me a book on Florida Birds.. maybe I can find some of these!

Look at the concentration on his face!

..this bird has a lot more white feathers than the other Heron.

...his back was to me during the "attack".. beautiful wings!

..and now the prize, as he carries it to dry land!

..and lastly, a cropped close up to see the prized possession!

I'm sorry to keep doing photo's like this.. you'd think I sit all day looking at the pond but the truth is I look out the door only a few times a day as I pass it!  If I see a bird out by the pond I grab my camera and watch for 5 minutes.. then I get bored if they are playing statue and leave.   Like I said on the other post, you've met all the "regulars" so unless something "different" is happening, or a new fellow drops by (like this one) I will try not to post so many pictures..... but as long as there are happenings, well.. you are going to get pictures!  Soon, after I get the book from my sister in law, I will do a "wrap up post" and put a small picture with the type of bird they are next to it... I hope.  We'll see!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pat....LR here...I've heard of going to the Dogs, but never going to the Birds! hehe Whatever works, make things look very peaceful. Hope you're doing better.
Take care...hugs

9:33 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I think thou dost protest too much! Photographing wildlife is addictive! I think I have his cousin over on my blog today -- maybe he was heading north for a visit when he took off! I LOVE that shot of him with the FISH in his beak! How GREAT is that!?

9:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

LR!! wow! thanks for commenting on the blog!! (it's about time! lol)..

Melli: glad you are enjoying "da boids" Melli! lol

11:37 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You're going to be the next great bird photographer ha

You're getting all these shots that I would pay to get close

12:51 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I don't how "small" these birds come... I would say that the one on my page, his body was probably about the size of a football - maybe a little bigger. But then you add the neck and the legs and well... it's a pretty good sized bird! LOL! I know some are MUCH larger though!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Oooh, what a handsome fellow!

And don't apologise for these photos! They really cheer up my day to see them at least! ^-^ It's good to see you sound so enthusiastic about the wildlife in/near 'your' pond too! *hugs*

1:17 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I have been looking back at the last few entry's WOW! You have some fantastic shots. Getting a big wingspan one is great. I love them. Hugs, Helen

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home