My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

He was so good I forgot I laughed!

Ok.. so.. Karl Urban surely wasn't born in 1920 like DeForest!

But he obviously did his homework when it came to portraying DeForest as Dr. McCoy!  And he did it so well, that I forgot to mention that he made me laugh!

It was when he was running all around the Enterprise shooting Kirk in the neck with different medicines... and then Kirk got.. numb tongue!

Kirk- what's wrong wid ma tongue
Mcoy- You got numb tongue
Kirk- Numb Tongue?!!
Mcoy- I can fix that

You guessed it.. another shot in the neck!

The way my life has been going you couldn't have told me that this young man playing the part that DeForest made famous would ever (ever!) make me laugh.. but he did.

As I did a little research on Mr Urban I found this very delightful photo below...

Like DeForest, he also played a cowboy!  When I saw this paralleled De, I began to hear the old Twilight Zone music in my head!

I never thought I'd say this.. but..

He makes as handsome a cowboy as De was!  

Geez, now if they could only make ME younger I'd be most delighted to slobber over him!  And don't go saying "he's married".. so was DeForest,  and it didn't stop me from *admiring* the work he did !

14 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hey, doesn't he make a gorgeous cowboy! Which movie was that, Pat? You know he was in Lord of the Rings too, don't you? Yes, I'm sure you know that. :-) And yeah, that scene in Star Trek made me laugh too. heheh.

12:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783328/

Comanche Moon

yup I knew he did LOTR !

1:56 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Pat -

I'll vote for the cowboy, too. There's just something about a man with a big... gun.

Who'd he play in LOTR?

cjh

3:12 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: Eomer.. i sent an email to you

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vala3 here. I read your last three posts. Glad you got to go to the anniversary and know you love your astronauts. I was sitting on my floor in Columbia, Missouri, watching on my 13" T.V. and staying up far too late since I had to be at work the next morn at 5:00 a.m. But did see the landing and felt such a thrill. It is so disheartning to have such apathy toward the space program as we have today. Too many earthly bound cares I guess.
I am now going to have to find a copy of Commanche Moon to rent. Ol' Karl makes a fine looking cowboy. I read one of his best role was in a movie called The Price of Milk. He was also in The Bourne Supremacy and played Cupid and Ceasar in Xena. (I have been reading up on him.) Anyway love your pic. And glad he made you laugh.

3:45 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi "Val".. he makes you want to be young again doesn't he?! LOL.. I put the cowboy movie on my wish list in amazon lol.. I don't know if he's a good guy or bad guy... want to see if he can " do cowboy" as well as De did since he did McCoy so well!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Thanks, Pat. Hmmm, might be interested in seeing that. Will look it up later on Amazon. Love a good cowboy. *Movie* I mean not... well actually... *cough*

3:53 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: LOL now if I could get a 16x20 photo of that cowboy signed.. i could hang it right next to cowboy De!! I have noticed over the years that as "rough and tough as cowboys are".. that in the movies there have been a number of real ummm cuties, even cute bad guys like De!! I mean.. kidnap me.. PHALEEEZE!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

You know, I actually thought of you and Deforest last night! Have you ever seen the Futurama episode with the original Star Trek cast? They had it on last night. Deforest is in the episode, but he doesn't have any lines. I'm guessing they did that out of respect for him as all of the other characters were voiced by the original cast. Anyway, check it out! It was neat to see an animated Deforest! You can probably find it by searching for "star trek futurama" or something on youtube!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fell in love with Karl Urban after seeing him as Eomer in LOTR *swoon* I also watched the second Bourne film just because he is in it and The Chronicles of Riddick. I didn't get around to seeing Star Trek but will catch it on dvd. My husband says he is one of the best in it so am looking forward to seeing it.

5:07 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: emailed you..

Rhinoa: ohhh you really need to see this movie if you are a fan already!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'll slobber with you so you won't be alone

11:21 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

He was a great McCoy! I look forward to further movies. :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: me too!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home