My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yesterday.. Today.. and Tomorrow.

Nearly every day here in Florida begins sunny and bright..

By mid afternoon the clouds roll in..

... then they turn downright nasty.

But the rain clouds don't seem to bother Woody...

(I must be getting used to him.. he's actually getting cuter!)

Finally!.... a new guy showed up at the pond~  I only got two shots before he flew away.. but I love his coloring!

My bird book from my sister-in-law, paid off on this one!  It's a "breeding" Cattle Egret! (when he's not in breeding mode the buff-orange color disappears!)  This bird only stands about 20 inches tall. 

He sure is pretty!  I dunno if he's attracted any females looking like this but he attracted me!  hmmmm.. what's that say about me? duh.

9 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Oooh, he sure is a beauty! And I love those shots of the sky, too...gorgeous.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

I know the cattle egrets! They pass through here at a certain time of spring/summer, and sometimes a pasture will be white with them. Then they move along... to Florida, I guess!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Those clouds look nasty. We have those egrets around here but I have never seen any pinkish color on them. Helen

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vala here. Got on your blog and am going to try to add you to my favorites so I remember to check each night. So glad you are going to the 40th anniversary. Know you really were looking forward to it. Great bird pictures. I love the De Framed. That is a great western picture. Sometime this weekend I am going to try to work on uploading some pics. This is short but I already posted tonight and am all blabbed out. Have fun tomorrow.

10:11 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

That bird is awfully cute!! And Woody's feathers sure are looking healthier :) Thanks for the update on the boys, lol.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Great skyscapes, Pat. And I love the Cattle Egret... isn't he pretty? Never heard of one of those before. Looking forward to hearing about your day yesterday.

5:08 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi:well deb.. he's looking for love.. I doubt i will see him again and if I do as an all white bird I won't recognize him! lol

Donna: love his breeding color..this is the first one I've ever seen! so maybe he took a wrong turn? lol

hi Helen: well, i guess they aren't so rare after all !

hi Vala: I use both Photobucket and Flickr for uploading pictures to.. just in case you aren't sure where to upload them.. had a great time will post about it.

hey baby boy! yeah the "boys" break up my day lol

Cath: we get those nasty clouds every dang day! *sigh*.. I am going to start writing up my day at the space center now..

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, Pat. That "Cattle Egret" is gorgeous... You get such pretty wildlife in that pond...

(We 'just' have ducks, coots, jackdaws and sparrows, with a sprinkling of starlings.)

11:40 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL...Both of them! Ihe name "Cattle Egret"....I hope you see some courting at some point and maybe even some babies...!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home