My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday

Well, Labor Day has come and gone.  If my memory serves me (which it rarely does) soon it will the the time of the snowbirds.  Nope, that's nothing I will be taking pictures of... that would be all the Northern folk that want to miss Winter.  It makes for some nasty traffic all over the state.  I lived up North most of my life so I know what they are escaping and I get it.  I love Spring and Fall but I sure won't miss Winter.  (Oh, I will miss waiting and watching the first snowfall.. dunno why that would always mesmerize me. But once that was over I was all for hurrying up and get to Spring!  Still, .. based on the fact that most of Florida is FLAT, does not have a  thing called DIRT (we are talking traditional dirt in the ground, not the "dirt" we clean in our homes all the time) and I even miss Rocks.  So, here I am living by the Beach (and I know many would strangle me to live here) when I am a Mountain Mama at heart.  Unfortunately I can neither afford to live in the Mountains nor am I physically able anymore, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming of it.

So... This past weekend, my son said to me: "Mom, we'll be up Saturday and I'll put the shelves up".. Yiii haw!!... Saturday came, but my son and Kat (his wife) did not.  The dog was sick.

So... my son said, "Mom, we'll be up there Sunday and I'll put the shelves up."...  Yiii haw!!  ... Sunday came, but my son and Kat did not. The dog needed to be taken care of more.

So.. my son said, "Mom we'll be up there Monday and I'll put the shelves up."... Yiii haww!  ... And on Sunday God looked down on me with pity and said, "You will have your shelves!"   .. And my son and Kat were knocking at my door!

 

I had to take one picture to prove to everyone that indeed, the shelves got put up!  One in this closet and 3 in another.  Yiiii Haw!

Having to wait until Monday put a slight crimp in my plans.  And we all know I have so many plans! (yeahrightsure).  But I did have an old friend who was coming down from near Orlando to visit.  I've known Bob since I was 16 yrs old, and even introduced him to the lady that became his wife!  So I was looking forward to his visit.. the "crimp" I spoke of was that I wanted to make spaghetti sauce the day before his visit just so I only had to make the spaghetti when he was here.   Well, that didn't happen and at 4:30 in the morning on Tuesday I was in the kitchen frying (turkey) Italian Sausage and sauteing garlic and onions in the bottom of a big pot.  I am not a great cook.. not even a good cook .. so making me do this at that hour of the morning could be dangerous.  But I think I actually remembered all the ingredients so it wasn't too horrible.

 

Bob got here about 1:30 in the afternoon.  Boo ran to  hide under the bed and and Boo's butt end was all Bob saw of Boo on Tuesday!

I forgot to take a pic of the loveseat when I opened it to the bed for Bob but he said it wasn't too uncomfortable so that's good.

Before he left on Wednesday we took a short ride to a different part of "vero beach" and went to lunch at a place called Mulligan's.  Lunch was very good, and we treated ourselves to a margarita!  You'd think at my age I'd know by now "don't order drinks at a restaurant because they way over charge you!"  But at least I will say it tasted good.

 

Then we walked out of the back of Mulligan's and took a short walk on the beach....

...saw a man fishing.  (dunno if he caught anything)

 

Watched the foam as it crawled up the beach to deposit the seaweed.

 

.. a few waves had some power to them (it was high tide)

but very few shells were anywhere...

 

I do remember that there was always a time when a lot of seaweed would get washed up on the short... and then it stopped again.

I still haven't figured out where the seagulls and pelicans have gone to!  I have yet to see either since I have been down here.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the scaredy cat Boo finally (and very cautiously) came out and after an hour or so of watching Bob from a distance, and running back into my bedroom at every move or sound Bob made.. Boo finally tested the water (so to speak) and let Bob pet him.  Then ... he wouldn't leave Bob alone for long!

So now Bob is gone.. and Boo is back to pestering me.  Maybe I should ship him up to Bob!

10 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Yay...glad you got your shelves!

And then a lovely visit with an old friend. :D

7:15 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Sounds like a good time.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I know how wonderful it feels to get shelves in place and things organized. Yiii haw for you :)

Fabulous photos! I particulary like the one of the colorful beach chairs.

Thanks for sharing.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Glad you got your shelves at long last. And it sounds like you had a really nice time during Bob's visit. Those beach shots are great.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That spagetti sauce looks some kind of good. I am partial to Italian food. In fact yesterday, I had a lovely bruschetta at a fairly new restaurant that had opened. I had done a big workout and played racketball the night before and had gone for a hour long bike ride that morning and the bruschetta was a nice refreshing lunch without being heavy. Didn't have the margarita though..settled for iced tea.
Glad you got your shelves put up.
I had to break down and call Stanley Steamer for a carpet cleaning next week. I have vacuumed and dusted but having a light carpet just asks for stains, so need more than just the vacuum.
Sent you the link for the con pics. Vala3

4:30 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Debi: yeah all or nothing at all it seems lol

donna: yes it was nice.. and glad the shelves are done

molly: the chairs look like a commercial to come to the beach lol


vala : i am partial to italian food too lol.. just emailed you.. the pics were fantastic lady!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Glad that your shelves got put up. That was nice to have a friend visit and go out to eat. Glad that Boo Finally got to know Bob. Great pictures. Hugs, Helen

7:05 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Great beach photos! Congrats on your shelves lol.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Yes, the beach weather is almost over with here. I can see it soon being time to head to warmer climates! Personally, I like the snow. It's the shoveling I hate with a passion... If this winter is anything like last year it will be a pain!

12:06 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Helen: it's not easy for me to get out of the apartment so I do like to get out when I can!!

thanks Tink: I keep going to the beach in hopes of finding some seagulls or pelicans but I haven't seen a one since I moved here! and i'd see them all the time when I lived here before

Kelly: that's how it starts.. hating to shovel the snow. then you begin to hate driving in it. and last you just don't want "so much cold for so long".. If you were born and raised in a climate that has spring winter and fall..you will always yearn for it if you don't have it..if "winter" could only be one month long no one would ever leave because spring and fall are just too nice.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home