My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Small Talk..

I think I stepped in doo doo.

Well.. what I mean is.. I think I have taken a big step and hope that I don't fall flat on my face!  I began reading Drood!

In case you have never seen the book .. it's freekin' huge!  Close to 800 pages!.. and me not a very fast reader, began reading it! 

I've read a number of chapters now, and so far so good.. it's holding my interest and still makes me have the urge to "read some more", so that's good!

It's kinda cool the way this book is written.  It's an author, Wilke Collins, writing about his friend and co writer of books, Charles Dickens. 

Now, I've read only one book by Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop, but as many of us has done, I have seen many movies of his books such as David Copperfield.  I have not read any by Wilke Collins but I do have The Woman in White in my TBR pile.

In the very early stages of this book  their book titles are mentioned frequently, which of course, adds to the book as reading more truth than fiction.. but indeed it is fiction.  After all Dan Simmons is not Wilke Collins! (duh)

Anyway.. so far so good with the book.. it's just that I felt you needed to know that until I finish this humongous book.. there will be no reviews.  And you know what that means?  It probably means you will see more photo's of the pond creatures than you care too (not that you haven't already!).  It also means I need to find other fillers to use until I finish this book.  whew.  This is almost work!

Ok.. so.. this is what my bed looks like about 7:30 each evening just before I climb in to begin my reading.

Please note: less then   1/2 of the bed is prepared for moi.  The "Bigger Half" belongs to  you know who! 

Here is where I read for an hour or so every evening before maybe watching some tv, like America's Got Talent or (and I can't wait for the new season) NCIS.  But of course before tv comes reading time!

At the moment you will notice a rather large book upon the pillow.. that would be Drood. I suspect it will be in that same place for many a night to come before I am done with it!

****************************************************

I always find it fascinating when the sun begins to come up, the sky is blue and you get the "ghost" moon that shows blue through it... One like that appeared just the other morning and I even managed to take a photo with it reflected in the pond...

 

***********************************************************************

I hope ya'll realize how hard I am working on this post so as to NOT put any pictures of the birds around the pond!  I sometimes feel like that commercial on tv that says, "need a break?"... heh.. but I take pics out there everyday!  Always trying to get that magical photo.. that one in a million.  So I figure you have at least 950,000 more bird pictures to see! lol lol ! (gotta love digital cameras!!) 

See ya later, and remember: Never accept a drink from a urologist ... *snicker*

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I love your pictures! Really, I love your pond posts :) And I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Drood.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I love NCIS! I just watched the sixth season on DVD.

I have Drood here to read in some century...

5:39 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

That bed looks comfy, Pat. The perfect place to settle down for the evening to read. But *how* will you hold that gigantic book up for an hour?

Fabulous sunrise. You so make me want to be in the USA - only there do you get sunrises like that.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

Love those pics! I would be struggling to finish a book that large myself. It would have to be pretty darn compelling!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh my, I'm so jealous...your reading spot looks oh-so-comfy-cozy!!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

moon photo is super.
hey... it looks like you're inviting someone in that bed shot. hee hee

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home