My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Sept. 6 at 5 pm

I looked out at the pond and what did I see...

eight tiny reindeer and... oh..no no.. heh.. wrong poem!....

...here's what I saw!

We had 4 ducks a swimming!

..3 turtle doves.. argh.. no no ..no turtledoves~

I was excited to see the ducks!!  Something new at the pond for a change.  I wonder if they are looking for nesting places???

Beautiful, beautiful...

... Duck Butts!!

Since the appearance of the 4 ducks .. 2 have gone off.. 2 have stayed and look chummy!  Maybe we will have ducklings here!!

The little Heron was around fishing too.. I walked up pretty close to him..but it was hard getting photo's as the sun is setting and all it gives me is their dark sides.

This is the second small blue heron.. this one has a lot of white on his chest and under his wings.

and last but not least... I saw the head of one of the resident turtles!

That's it from the Pond.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Jenny said...

*sigh* The lake near my apartment used to have mad numbers of ducks - but then an alligator took up residence there and ate up all the baby ducklings. Wildlife & Fisheries is totally falling down on the job of getting the darn gator out of the darn lake. Your ducks are lovely!

8:56 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

That excited about Christmas already, eh? I guess when you live in the south, Christmas always sounds good :p

1:58 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Jenny:oh my are you here in fla?? I can't say i am a lover of 'gators... not at all.

Chris: yeah right Chris.. I just have a warped mind.. ignor me lol

3:41 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Good luck with Drood...very ambitious of you and I hope you enjoy it. In the meantime the pond pictures are lovely!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, love the duck butts! We get a lot of ducks up here. Once a mama duck and her babies was crossing the street to get to the duck pond at the hospital and it was so funny to see six lanes of traffic in front of a very busy mall all come to a standstill until the ducks got across.
Starting Drood is cool. Want to read that book as well, but I always wait for the paperback to come out. I am a big fan of Dan Simmons science fiction books. He also does mysteries and horror. One of a few authors who do multiple genres.
Finally got through to get my photo ops. You're right, it was Chris who took the photos. It looks as if they turned out very nicely. If you want to see them online send me a e-mail and I will give you the link. Vala out.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Love the pics! All of them. Butt that turtle head is just amazingly cool!

Read first two chapters...and I'm in love already! Was not a happy camper when I had to tear myself away to do school with Annie this morning.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Very pretty pictures Pat. I love them. Enjoy that bigggg book. Helen

7:15 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

crackin' up over your turtle shot! too cool

9:08 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

What great shots, especially of the turtle! And finally, birds I recognize - ducks! We have ducks here!

cjh

11:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen : at the 250 page mark and still liking it!

hey Vala: With big books like Drood I find I am damned if I do and damned if I don't ..as a hardback it's heavy!.. as a paperback that size they are even harder to hold open and not flop around like a slippery wet fish in my hands..so i opt for the hardback (that and because i can see the print better) and put a small pillow in my lap to hold the book up!

Debi: I was surprise the turtle face came out since it wasn't all that close to me.
I am surprised the first 2 chapters you like.. a big problem I thought was the first 3 chapters just weren't a good "hook"...but then I'm not a skilled writer.

Thanks Helen: I am enjoying it. (which surprises me lol)

Pam: "nosey" fellow eh? lol

cj: to be honest I was thrilled the ducks are back.. 2 are still here I think we will get ducklings at the pond!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Nope, Looosiana - and I do not like gators either. It seems like every male person I know has a Manly Alligator Story to tell, but I do not need to ever encounter an alligator in person. Ever.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

The duck butts are great! And also the turtle is a very effective shot...

9:22 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Duckies! I love ducks, I even owned one as a child. Great pond pics :)

3:03 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

jenny: nope i don't like them either.. right up there with huge spiders and snakes. oh joy!

cath: the ducks cracked me up ducking down like that together all the time.. they are staying at the pond and the one duck does look "chubby"..I just hope this time the babies survive, if we have them.

tink: awww..so far these ducks won't come close for bread like the other birds..

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home