My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Magic Thief: Lost

The Magic Thief: Lost by Sarah Prineas

 

Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins (May 12, 2009)
ISBN-10: 0061375896

From Booklist
Book Two in the Magic Thief series begins where the last one left off. Young Conn, once a pickpocket, now a wizard’s apprentice, is helping his master, Nevery, with the strange goings-on in Wellmet, including an unexplained weakening of the city’s magic. New readers may feel disoriented, but happily the illustrated book has excellent back matter featuring people and places, which will help them get up to speed. In this story, some of the action shifts to the desert city Desh, where shadowmen who may be responsible for terrorizing Wellmet reside.

I have to admit it... I chose the first book to this series because of the title and cover art! (duh)..

Its a very good YA series. 

I cannot do it justice, this or any book just yet, but I will say it is quite enjoyable but it reads better having read book one first.  As the Amazon review states, the book does have excellent back matter, which not only would help someone if they didn't read book one, but it also helps a dulled memory awaken!

Conn is still learning his "craft" of becoming a Wizard, but not without causing himself an awful lot of trouble.  It makes him human, but some might say a bit annoying that he doesn't seem to listen, but honestly the book would not go forward as well as it does if he did a silly thing like listen to the adults!

Along the way Conn gets a few lessons on the results of his actions which in turn makes him begin to grow up.

Once again Sarah Prineas was lucky enough to get Antonio Javier Caparo to fill her book with beginning chapter illustrations.

This is another enjoyable YA book.

Lost, has a bit of a mystery surrounding it and the characters are developing nicely, with each book,  and I am curious to see where the author takes Conn next!

9 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed this one, too! After all, you did just earn yourself a point for the first one a few weeks back. Somehow I'm feeling you may be store for some blame here. ;)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I don't blame you for buying these books for the cover art - they're beautiful!

2:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: Moi?? nay you say!

Cath: yeah cool artist.. the books are enjoyable too.. thank goodness !

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Oh, wow. That looks and sounds lovely, Pat! (I can't blame you for getting these for the cover art either. WOW. It's stunning!)

3:02 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Hey Pat!!! I'm back :D And I can comment on future bird posts finally :D This little series sounds fun! And I just love the drawings...they're fantastic!! Are you dying of heat stroke over there??? I think I am :p

9:10 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

welcome home baby boy! This series is enjoyable I will keep reading them.. it seems each book is a small advenenture (nothing on a grand scale) and of course some growing up on Conn's part.. it's what I need right now while my brain is mush..nothing to complicated!

6:05 AM  
Blogger claire said...

Ooh these look wonderful, Pat.. My little ones would love them. :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

claire: it's certainly and easy read and a cute series.. i will continue to read them myself! (so much for "little ones" eh? lol)

2:21 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I enjoyed the first one in this series, and I've been looking forward to this one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! I listened to the audio version of the first, and it was very well done - but now I'm thinking I may have missed out on those wonderful illustrations. Now I don't know if I should read or listen to the second one. Decisions, decisions...

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home