My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

This Blog has Gone to Da Boids~

 

"Reflection"

ok, on to some pictures of a new  guy at the pond.. he was very small !.. he looks bigger than he is!  he is half the size of the Heron (maybe a baby for all I know)

(he may be small but he thinks he's "mighty"!

(other side..)

Close ups!..

I actually left my apartment and walked outside and got quite close to the bird ... who ignored me to death!  I felt like giving him an NCIS head tap !

9 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

You know with all these beauties to watch and photograph, I don't think I'd get anything else done. You have been capturing some absolutely gorgeous shots!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

I'm loving the birds! I used to love to watch them when I lived in a complex with a pond. In bird news here, I put up a hummingbird feeder to see if there were any around. The Hubs saw one little guy the other night. I didn't see him (I was feeding horses), but I'm hoping he is going to tell all of his little buddies so we have some more ;) and maybe I can get a picture.

11:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Debi: I have to admit I am not trying real hard !

JJ: Ohhh, I would love hummers here!! the big birds are nice but I love the little hummers!

11:59 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Pat...these are WONDERFUL! I am so excited for you having ALL this Beautious Nature right outside your window....I mean....Since you had to move--What a great gift that it was to this Magical Pond with these Magical Birds!
Keep on photgraphing them, my dear...I am enjoying them all---more than I can say!

5:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: maybe once I am over the newness I will make it a weekly post: Around the Pond !

5:31 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I hope you'll carry on too. All of your photos have been stunning and these are particularly good, Pat. Beautiful detail. I think you'll find that there will always be something new going on with the birds, depending on the time of year. It could be that your lake will see new birds in the winter, migrating from the north.

6:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: that would be nice I guess but i do need to not keep putting them up everyday.. but my brain is still mush... i am wondering if I will ever get it back! I do feel like that saying: of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most! crikey! (oh wow! I'm turning British!)

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Ain't nottin' wrong with da boids. They're wonderful photos, Pat! (even if you say you haven't had to do much to get such great shots!)

And I do hope you're giving yourself some time to settle from the big kind of move you've had to make, Pat!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

I love the birds and I am in awe of your photos. I have to agree woith Debi, if I had them to watch I'd never get anything else done!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home