My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

At The Movies

This is my first review that I am linking to Sheri over at A Novel Menagerie

  

So how come after 24 years I am still watching and laughing at the movie "Goonies?"

Why?  ........Because it's that good.

 

Goonies 1985   

  

Steven Spielberg (story)
Chris Columbus (screenplay)

 

Sean Astin ...  Mikey Walsh

not long ago Sean made the movie The Colour of Magic (Terry Pratchett) but it's only been released in the UK so far.  (he plays the character Twoflower)

Josh Brolin ...  Brand Walsh

his latest performance is that he plays George W Bush in the movie W and  Dan White in the movie Milk

Jeff Cohen ...  Lawrence 'Chunk' Cohen (hasn't been in a movie since 1991)

Corey Feldman ...  Clark 'Mouth' Devereaux

Kerri Green ...  Andy Carmichael

Martha Plimpton ...  Stef Steinbrenner

Jonathan Ke Quan ...  Richard 'Data' Wang (as Ke Huy Quan)

Goonies was his second big movie.  Some may remember his performance in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) (as Ke Huy Quan)

John Matuszak ...  Lotney 'Sloth' Fratelli

Robert Davi ...  Jake Fratelli

Joe Pantoliano ...  Francis Fratelli

Anne Ramsey ...  Mama Fratelli

Lupe Ontiveros ...  Rosalita

Plot summary for  The Goonies (1985)
Mikey Walsh and Brandon Walsh are brothers whose family is preparing to move because developers want to build a golf course in the place of their neighborhood -- unless enough money is raised to stop the construction of the golf course, and that's quite doubtful. But when Mikey stumbles upon a treasure map of the famed "One-Eyed" Willy's hidden fortune, Mikey, Brandon, and their friends Lawrence "Chunk" Cohen, Clark "Mouth" Devereaux, Andrea "Andy" Carmichael, Stefanie "Stef" Steinbrenner, and Richard "Data" Wang, calling themselves The Goonies, set out on a quest to find the treasure in hopes of saving their neighborhood. The treasure is in a cavern, but the entrance to the cavern is under the house of evil thief Mama Fratelli and her sons Jake Fratelli, Francis Fratelli, and the severely disfigured Lotney "Sloth" Fratelli. Sloth befriends the Goonies and decides to help them. Written by Todd Baldridge

There's something about this movie that makes me watch it every single time it comes on television. 

Is it how cute the kids, like Sean Astin, were at that age?  Or the very funny "Chunk", who can smell ice cream in a freezer? 

 

Who ever thought they would get the 6'8" defensive end from the Oakland Raiders, John Matuszak, to play Sloth?!

This movie has plenty of feeling and lessons.  If you ever moved as a kid, do you remember how awful it felt that you left your home and friends, and how you'd give anything for things to stay as they were?

And how about "best friends" sticking together.

And that someones looks do not define how much you could love them.

This movie may have been made in 1985 but it is a movies that will never go away.  A  year won't pass when this movie doesn't pop up on television...  If by any chance you have never seen it... it's a must see; and if you have seen it, ... so what, it's time to see it again!

Without a doubt this movie gets the highest rating!..  yes... it's that good.

    

14 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Hey you guuuuuys! I love this movie too :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Oooohhhhh! I love your little tag for this. Did you make it? Just from looking at who is featured fron and center I'll bet you did ;p Very nicely done!

2:02 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: me too! lol can you tell?

Astaryth: why yes I did.. how good of you (who works in paint programs) of you to notice! lol lol the reel and film were on white background and of course nothing in the negatives so I did it up put in a background and the printing.. I like doing that stuff, but you know that lol..

2:09 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Can you believe I've never seen this movie?!! I'm truly pathetic, aren't I? Sheesh, DesLily, how many times are you going to have me zipping over to Netflix this week?!!

2:38 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

debi: I can honestly say I didn't think there would be anyone who hasn't seen this movie at one time or another!! sorry 'bout that chief ..heh.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

And can you believe I only watched it for the first time last year? My boyfriend was horrified when I told him I'd never seen it...this was a movie he'd watch again and again when he was a kid, and somehow I missed it completely. So we rented it the very next day, and I really enjoyed it. Also, it was only about halfway through that I had a "hey, that's Sam!" moment :P

5:50 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: LOL..yep that was Sam alright! It's such a good movie and it comes on television quite often so it surprises me that everyone hasn't seen this movie a million times!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Goonies is a true classic. The 80's were such a fun time for films and Goonies is one that seems to be liked by folks with a wide variety of movie tastes. It was...it is...just so much fun.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

OMG...this is one of my very FAVORITE movies...ever!! I still remember the first time I saw it!!

Speaking of Classics...I watched ET with the kids this weekend. I cried like a baby...again!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I haven't seen this in a couple of years and I haven't reviewed it either so I really should get around to doing both sometime this year.

8:52 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

carl: its a movie of layers.. many young people's lessons hidden inside. "home is where the heart is".. "friends are everything".. "try to do something to make your dreams come true"..

Stephanie: ohh I do too! everytime I see ET lol and Rudy.. and color purple.. sheesh. there really are many movies I cry at lol

Tink: yes, even if you didn't review it! It's time to see it again! lol

7:06 AM  
Blogger ANovelMenagerie said...

I linked you in on Mr. Linky

3:07 AM  
Anonymous lissa said...

haven't seen this movie in a while but I still remember it, quite enjoyable

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to the 25th Anniversary celebration right here in Astoria, OR
We found some Goonies stuff we have assembled to tributize this agreeably great movie you've reviewed here.


:)

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home