My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Fishing Pond

I had a visit from my son and his family.

This is my son George and my grandson Brent.  Brent is not my biological grandson, but I wish he were and so does my son!

below is Brent and his mom Kathleen. She has done a very fine job of raising me a great grandson!  Brent was 9 when my son and Kat married, and he turned 13 on May 23rd.

I've been told Brent looks like a young Harry Potter.. what do you think?

Brent likes to fish and so tried his hand at it at "the pond".

Surprise, Surprise! (done in my best Gomer Pyle voice) He caught a fish!

and not 10 minutes later.. he caught a second one !

of course he cut them both loose to live another day..

11 Comments:

Blogger gautami tripathy said...

He is sure going to be a handsome boy! Thanks for sharing this with us.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

What a good looking young man, Pat. And yes! just like Harry Potter. Love looking at family photo, thanks for sharing them.

6:23 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

What a handsome young man :D You take the most wonderful pics Pat, of the simple things, that give life meaning.

6:31 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

gautami: I think he's a cutie too! I hope the teenage stage doesn't change him too much.. he's a great kid.

hey Cath: hoping the school pressures from other kids doesn't change him too much.

animewookie: now if i could only lean how to use my camera imagine what i could do! lol.. thank goodness for the "auto" setting though!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

What a handsome young man! And, as for him being your biological grandson? Sometimes the family we -choose- is the best!

BTW, Geoff is not 'related' to my own Grandson (my son is by my 1st marriage), but we were together when the little guy was born and he loves his 'Grandpa Geoff' just the same as he loves any of the other grandparents.

10:31 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Wow!! he has gotten so big since the last pics I saw of him. Last time I saw him were the pictures when you all went book shopping. And he's much more handsome than harry potter ;) Good job on the fishes!

12:54 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

He is such a handsome boy! And a lot handsomer than Harry Potter...! I didn't realize there were fish in the pond...DUH....! LOL! Like, then why are those Birds there, Naomi....Help Me!

1:57 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

astaryth: i couldn't ask for a better grandson

Chris: yeah well that was probably 2 yrs ago!

Naomi : lol yeah most the bigger birds try to catch fish.. and do well at it! There are Brim and Mullet and I think Tolapia fish.. but don't quote me! lol

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking family you have there. You are lucky to have them. Great fisherman there. Vala

3:09 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

What a beautiful family!

8:17 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Vala: it gets better, my grandson like to read!! oh yeah!

Thanks Debi.. :o)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home