My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hodgepodge Pond

A little of this and a little of that...

It's getting rarer to see the entire Moorhen family together anymore.. the babies are doing some feeding on their own now..

A two headed turtle?..  nah, just a good reflection.

I think I'm getting attached to this pretty tri color Heron.  They don't eat bread so there's no enticing him to take any from my hand but as long as I don't make fast movements I can get really close to him.

I hadn't even noticed that the crows (?) Ravens (?) Blackbirds, had disappeared for the summer.. saw them for the first time today.  They actually have some pretty color... this one annoyed the Heron.  Just about the time the Heron was going to make a dash for a tiny fish the crow would "caw" and the heron would jump LOL.. one time the Heron actually tried to chase him away lol.

Here with the Crow next to him  you can see that the Heron is really quite small in body size . But because of his long legs and long neck he  gives the impression of being a lot bigger.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Sounds like Mr. Crow was having a bit of a lark!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

That tri coloured heron is such a beautiful bird. And I never knew crows had that shiny blue area on their backs. Can't wait to see what you get on your pond in the depths of winter, Pat.

6:47 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

tink: it was a bit like watching slap stick the Heron jumped at least 2 times and the third time tried to peck the crow lol

Cath: Not sure it's a "crow" but in the family for sure.. they aren't a true black thats certain.
I agree, the little heron is a pretty bird. I love I can get near it even if it's not as close as I can get to the mama moorhen.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

You always get such lovely pictures, Pat. ^-^ I love the one with the corvid and the heron beside one another.

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do such great photos,I love stopping by to see what's new in the pond

8:53 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks book pusher.. you have some different animals down by you.. you should take some pictures too!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home